No aliens?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What is everyone's opinion on life outside of earth?

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

According to "experts" aliens tend to have funny foreheads and bad teeth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personally I think there has to be life out there somewhere (in one form or another). I just don't think any of them are visiting our solar system in flying saucers.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I think there is life outside of earth and I think they have visited us. There are signs that shows someone has been here before. Even the cavemen had drawings of flying objects or they had a great imagination

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

While I am not sure if anyone has visited, I am very much certain there is life on other planets. The universe is infinite, I just can't see how in something so big, we, a speck of dust in the scale of it all, are the only living beings out there.

I am fascinated by it all though admittedly it is somewhat frustrating I will probably never live to see definite proof of it all.

What also fascinates me is how Earth is conveniently placed in this solar system, not to far from the sun, not to close. And all that stuff.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

the universe is infinite and expanding? something like that? It's so huge we can not even fathom how big it is. There are tons of solar systems and stars that make up expansive galaxies. On top of that there are many, many galaxies. Earth is a tiny little spot in one galaxy. Now if life sprang forth on Earth wouldn't it stand to reason that it would somewhere else as well? Whether you want to take the standpoint of a pure Darwinism or a more theological approach... It's either there is so much space that life would be bound to occur again somewhere else or a creator would create life somewhere else because there was plenty of space. Humans have a pretty advanced culture but we aren't traveling to the outer realms. Why should we expect an alien culture to come to us? Prevailing thought used to be that the Earth was the center of the universe. I guess Galileo showed them.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The world's first pwn3d

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I disagree. Because the way I see it, is that in order for life to have made it on earth, it took a damn miracle. The universe is destructive. It is collision after collision of utter destruction. Life on earth will likely be wiped out soon. We stand almost no chance of surviving. So while the universe is infinite, and growing, I just don't see it. Life was an aberration, not the norm.

We are alone.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

hopefully not before my 23rd birthday.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

youtube used to have some aliens videos, not sure if they still do. Maybe the Government took em down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar