Nnamdi Asogmah

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by iQon, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iQon

iQon Starter

OK yes, I know this will never happen. But I can vent. :suspect:

Oakland has been BEGGING anyone to take this guy for the past two months. There's rumblings he may get traded for Ben. Are you kidding me? Their one chink would be their corners and now they can just steal a legit, shut down corner? :irked:

Why aren't we kicking down Al Davis' door for this guy? He's only guaranteed through next year, so it can't be money. We need a corner, what am I missing here?

2. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

We would have to give up A LOT to get him in a trade. Either our 1st round pick. Or an elite player at another position and a draft pick.

What would you offer them?

3. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I don't know all the details, but the general consensus I've heard it that money is the issue. I'd be perfectly happy with trading our 1st rounder and some more to end up with Big Al and Asomugha. That would be ridiculously awesome. Asomugha is one of my favorite players in the league and I feel bad for him being stuck on the Raiders.

4. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

No need to feel bad for him. He signed a 3 yr 40-something million dollar contract with them, when they already stunk. He knew what he was getting into. It was a smart move by him though. Get crazy money for 3 years and at the end of the 3rd (this year i think) he is still very young and will get another big money deal elsewhere.

5. iQon

iQon Starter

I honestly do not know all of the dynamics myself. For the most part, I know our picks aren't very attractive, but I would offer the 16 anyway.

Also, I think we could try to boost Scaife and White's prospects. I'm pretty sure everyone would be scared of losing someone like Thornton or Tony Brown. I don't even think Al Davis knows what quality is anymore.

Worst case scenario, we lose our 16th pick (who probably does nothing next year) and rent Asogmah for a year. He makes Peyton Manning money in 2011, but it's a TEAM option to decide whether it's worth one more shot. Why not?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd love Nnamdi Asjhfklsbjkasp on our team.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

1) Because he has a ridiculous, terrible contract that would prevent the Titans from signing/re-signing many key players. He is due to earn as much money as the top QBs in the league and no CB is worth that.

2) Because you would only get him for one to two seasons and then he would be a free agent because his contract doesn't allow for him to be franchised.

That "worst case scenario" would be an absolute disaster and might result in the GM (and maybe the coaching staff) being fired. You act like it would be no big deal.

You said it.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think that Nmamdi is a great CB, but his contract is way too big of a turn off.

9. iQon

iQon Starter

Are you really questioning Fish and Reindfelt's job security over a draft pick? :ha: God forbid they evolve with the rest of the league and take a chance for one season.

Who else are we going to get with 15m for next season at this point? Seriously, who of value is still out there to pick up that will do more for this team? What other corner is on the market/draft that will pair up with Cortland and shut down any idea of passing against the Titans?

With the exception of maybe Mawae and Thornton, we're signing draft picks and calling it an off-season. The odds of a 16th overall pick crossing off our dire need for a DE or CB for next year is overly ambitious. Costing front office jobs is just stupid.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Asogmuha is most likely going to be better then any first round pick we get.
    His contract isn't much of an issue this year as there is no cap.

I'd want that trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar