Nissan Stadium "Renovation"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Riverman, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lucas Oil Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 years after we built a $165M outdoor stadium Indy finished an $800M convertible. Now they get the super bowl and the final 4 and we worry about losing our team.

So what if the State has to flip the bill for half a new Vandy stadium if it brings more business to the area and it certainly would. That stadium at Vandy is mickey mouse! That is not an SEc stadium!

And while I hate indoor facilities with a passion the extra $150-200m spent on a convertible roof gives you concerts and conventions you would not have in the winter and a super bowl.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Was I talking about the TITANS?

#32 Big TT, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
  3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

This type of thinking is why are not in charge of anything but prisoners.

4. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I actually found out another renovation is they are adding a BDSM dungeon for Amy Strunk and Mike Mularkey.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So you are all for a new nfl stadium in 10 years. Ok, where do the titans play while the current stadium is torn down and the new one built. MTSU?

I guess you think the new stadium should be built in Smyrna.

I produced a plan that would work for all parties. The particulars of how much tax dollars would be used for the college stadium have not been discussed but we know they are not building a new stadium on their own.

#35 RollTide, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

TCF Bank Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perhaps the Titans would pay for half of the college stadium with the promise of getting a new facility of their own. I have seen several games on tv at the TCF bank stadium and it looks like a nice place. The Vikings kicked in a extra $7M to ready it for nfl games. A stadium of that kind today would cost about $350m. A new stadium with increased capacity would likely bring in more out of state road fans to the city and more money.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Nashville is a character city and would most definitely be a destination spot for major leagues, major shows etc. A retractable roof is the standard, not the luxury, now in the NFL. I saw the "Stones" back in June. Hot as hell and it didn't rain, but damn, weather controlled would have made it much more enjoyable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd love a new stadium but I'm not willing to pay for the increased ticket price it would cost PSL owners. I'd be shocked if Davidson County would agree to the same terms it did back in 1996. It would take new ownership with some deeeeeeeeep pockets.

I also don't see any way you get Vandy involved as they can't put 30,000 in their stadium now. Unfortunately, that might be enough to host the Titans for the next two seasons.

I'd think the best bet would be to buy the scrap yard eyesore site beside the current stadium and build the new one while the team plays at Nissan Stadium. Move next door and then level the current stadium.

The other option is to go out to 840 and build something between Murfreesboro and Franklin. I think that kills a lot of downtown business and makes the venue much less appealing to visitors.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

New stadium? Its 2016, the stadium is what 17 years old? Stadiums built then are good for 30-years. There wont be a new stadium for another 17 years..

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Like RT said, unless you are in the deep south, or southwest, an retractable roof/indoor stadium is the way to go. LP Nissan Adelphia Coliseum Field loses out on a lot of revenue by the fact the stadium is unusable for any other events for nearly half of the year. I don't know how financially feasible it was at the time, but it was a mistake to have it open air in this climate.

But I do suppose that Bridgestone fills that gap pretty well. But popular bands like One Direction pack out LP Field. If they could do concerts like that regularly, it would be a huge boost. Not speaking of the quality of the band (boy band) but the fact that people flock to it.

It would be crazy to replace such a new-ish stadium.. since I'm sure they still owe quite a bit on it. IMO, they should have taken weather into consideration. That Ravens 2009 playoff loss would have hurt a lot less if it didn't feel like a wet Antarctica out there, that night.

I bet a big chunk of the Preds' revenue is from all the other events in their venue. Titans don't have such luxury. Bridgestone can fit a big show, But LP/NCAA/other NFL stadiums can fit some of the world's largest.

#40 nickmsmith, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar