Niners overrated?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Anthony4Titans, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You cant be serious.

Where does this blind hype for Luck come from???

... he passed for 164 yards and not a single TD.

If Jake Locker had the same performance, we'd be criticizing him.

ESPN is the most powerful brain washing source in the world.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Andrew Luck is a good QB Deuce, admit it

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Deuce Wayne

Bro...

He couldn't even complete 55% of his passes last year.

He threw 18 interceptions.

Rating? 76.5

Now let me give you the other QBs in that class real quick:

Brandon Weeden, Jake Locker, Ryan Tennehill, Blaine Gabbert (HIGHER rating than Luck), Michael Vick, Nick Foles, Christian Ponder...

Now how many of those would you honestly consider good QBs?

BLAINE GABBERT was better than he was. That's TERRIBLE.

This is what ESPN does to you guys. You just accept something without even questioning it or watching.

"Well, ESPN said Andrew Luck's name 7989 times the past month. He's great!!" like zombies.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

by the way- that's the 26th ranking out of 32... the only types below him? Sanchez, Henne, Cassel, Weeden.

Oh yeah! he's awesome!

So far this season, he's average. After facing 3 easy opponents.

Eventually you'll see the light.

5. Hug a Jag

Hug a Jag Starter

The Colts are technicians. They worry me more than the Tinhorns.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Blaine Gabbert was a better QB than Luck last year? What the...

You complain about people ranking QB's based off ESPN but you're ranking QB's based off "QB rating"? You failed to realize Gabbert only had 278 passing attempts, based on how awful he is this year, his QB rating probably wouldn't have broke 70 if he was their full-time QB last year. Is Alex Smith a better QB than Tom Brady? Because his QB rating sure was higher last year.

You also failed to realize Luck was a rookie on a 2-14 team. I'm not saying Luck is the next Peyton, but you do realize Peyton put up just about the same numbers Luck did his rookie year, no? Luck also took that 2-14 rebuilding team to the playoffs. He still has ways to go before he's worthy of the hype that made him the consensus 1st overall pick, but Gabbert was better than Luck last year? TROLOLOL

Or maybe you knew about Gabbert's sample size the entire time and actually believe Luck is good and this is just another one of those "Deuce being Deuce and has to go against the crowd". :)

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This was the most shocking result to me. SF got pushed around by the Colts in SF. I hope SF are still slumping when they come to LP Field.. As for the Colts, I still think they're a tad overrated. I feel we will beat them at LP on primetime.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

It's not blind hype, the dude can flat out play. I don't like him, I have no bias, but the guy is a damn good QB. I don't even have cable so definitely not influenced by the experts at ESPN or NFLN. I watch him play and my eyes tell me the guy is good, not just ok, damn good.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I view Newton Locker and Luck as good QB's, sorry if you dont see why.

And saying Gabbert is better than anyone is diculous

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6477/aldon-smith

Looks like we may dodge a bullet and have a "Aldon Smith-less" game when the Niners come to town. Im sure the Titans will still be extreme under dogs even at home and to a struggling Niner squad but having Locker not have to run for his life with Aldon Smith on the side sure does help. Hopefully for us he's kept out that long enough to miss that October 20th matchup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar