NICO ROSBERG HAS RETIRED

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

F1 clamped down on R&D time for teams in the tunnels.

Big money teams like Mercedes were killing everyone and still are.

They are attempting to give teams like Haas and Force India a chance and it is working.

Haas was very respectable in their first year.

I expect them to be more competitive in 2017 with better drivers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Pretty tough to do in an open wheel car....lol. The problem with NASCAR is they sanitized it to keep the sponsors happy so their car would still be running at the end of the race. People left in droves. Now they would do anything to get them back, but it's not happening. Just like football, the numbers are dying, in most all forms of motor racing. Empty seats everywhere. The new trick is to paint the seats a different color so it looks like (on a fast camera pan) there are people sitting there. Football will be doing the same, painting seats the team color so it's hard tell unless it's a close up that there are empty seats.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

What was great about Indy was a mix of oval, street and road courses.

I think the trouble with F1 is that if you do not have the money and tech you are screwed which makes for the same people dominating. Just like Eurotrash soccer

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Ridiculous

[​IMG]

I'm thinking about going again in May to ATL.

I went like 10 years ago and I can still hear and smell it. I had no interest but went along, blew me away. I still don't follow the series but will go if given the opportunity.

My uncle raced funny cars when I was a kid. Went to many of those races.

Dad took me to Daytona and Talladega once a year. I grew up on NASCAR.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

F1 is racing for snobs. In Monaco you can park your yacht and watch the race. F1 demanded that Indianapolis put in suites on the infield so the beautiful people would have a place to meet and drink martinis.

The only two races I like to watch with these cars are Michigan, and when Indy used to run the Cleveland airport - it was like a wild west land rush.

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

That's an A/fuel car BTW, not a TOP FUEL, but you have the right idea. Where did your uncle race? I am probably old enough to know of him unless he was west coast local.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Did you see Leicester City...

F1 is getting better. They are making it more competitive but right now Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg are two of the best in the planet racing the two best cars. It will swing the other way.

Red Bull and Ferrari are not far behind.

Haas and Force India are competitive.

Haas is going to be a threat next year in year 2. They will get on a podium, I hope.

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Have the Arabs quit racing? They were sponsoring a top fuel car for a while. Dubai has a drag strip. Maybe they are going in a different direction. With offshore racing dead, they have to find another money pit.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

I was just posting the gif.

So much power.

Tommy Payne was my uncle. He and my aunt got divorced years and years ago.

DragRacingOnline.com - Drag Racing from a different perspective!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar