Nice pickup, Munch (Wiggles Wylie)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Can Vince Young do kick returns??

2. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans promoted return man Devon Wylie from the practice squad earlier in the week to return punts and kicks.

Wylie said a few days ago he wanted to give the team a lift.

It turned out to be a forgettable first game for Wylie, however. His fumbled kickoff in the second half ended up being one of the biggest momentum-turning plays in Tennessee’s loss.

After the Colts cut the lead to 17-13, Wylie lost the handle on a kickoff in the third quarter, and the Colts cashed it in for a touchdown just a few plays later, which gave them a 20-17 lead.

It was just the latest disaster in a return unit that’s hurt the Titans more than it’s helped all season.

“Any time there is a turnover, it is very big,’’ Wylie said. “I am here trying to help the team, and that obviously didn’t. But it makes me hungrier to come back and play better. … I want to prove to them I can do the job.”

Prior to last night, Wylie hadn’t played in a game since last season, with the Chiefs. The Titans called him up to the 53-man roster after Damian Williams suffered a hip injury on Sunday against the Jaguars. Earlier in the season, the Titans released return Darius Reynaud after multiple mistakes.

“For whatever reason, we just can’t hold onto the football,’’ Coach Mike Munchak said. “(The fumble) turned into seven points and was part of a big run for them. In this game, you can’t give away points.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I fell asleep and didn't see Wylie cough it up but I had a feeling he would do that since the couple KOs I saw him run back included him recklessly running straight into a pile of players. Great vision and imagination.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I'm done. Officially label me a Faguars fan from now on. I'm so pissed right now.

5. Brew City

Give me Denard Robinson to return kicks. Can't be worse than what we have.

6. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

The thing is, if you look at the offenses stats you'd think there is no way we lost. F'n special teams and defense screwed the pooch!

7. Brew City

The sad part is our division is so awful we will still get a 2nd place schedule and suck next year too.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Eh our O managed a majestic 3 points in the second half until the garbage time TD. Wouldn't put it all on the D and ST.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

probably once then hed tear his hamstring

10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

what a joke seriously. As titans fans we dont expect much! JUST DONT FUMBLE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar