Post-Game Thread NFL Wild Card Playoffs: Titans 22, Chiefs 21

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

And Mariota had to place him several times when they lined up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Remarkable comeback. After sleeping on it and waking up it's still is annoying to me how nobody is admitting they were wrong about the Titans.

Right after the game former Patriot Rodney Harrison on the NFL Network seemed annoyed and only has this to say: "There's no excuse for losing to the Titans, they're the worst team in the playoffs" I can't stand his holier than thou attitude.

No credit given to Mariota, Henry, the D turning it around in the second half..etc If they won the rest of the games and made it to and won the Super Bowl would he just keep saying the same thing after each game? Suck it RH.

• High Five High Five x 7
  3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Not sure Henry blocked a soul all game. Great game running for sure, but needs to step it up big time in pass pro.

4. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Doesn't mean it was a fair assessment. Yes, the Chiefs choked, but the Titans had something to do with that. At least give little credit to the team.

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Coming out of the half time show..... Suzy Culbert said “Remember, there was a big comeback here last year. We have a big second half coming so don’t go anywhere.” Charles Woodson piped in with “NOT TODAY!”
    Hahahahaha
    Then he was griping after the game about the non-fumble/forward motion stopped call from the end of the first half that “changed the whole game”.

Did he have money on the Chiefs or what?!?!?

• High Five High Five x 7
  6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Henry and Jonnu were both inexperienced in pass protection coming out of college. They both still are terrible at it. That's a coach's job to teach them. If they don't get it, that's yet another mark against this offensive coaching staff.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree on Woodson....he definitely had a puckered posterior at the end of the game LOL.

On Henry....I had said that he needed to show me something, and yesterday he did. He still needs to work on pass protection, etc...but I think that he can become the replacement for Murray next season. He ran very well yesterday. That said, I still think that he needs a complement (McKinnon would be great, or someone out of the draft).

On Mariota....I had said that I would like for him to take over the team at this point, and I am getting the sense that he is starting to do that. At a minimum I think he is really showing alot of heart at this point.....that block at the end of the game was every bit as awesome as his stiff arm run against the Hags the previous week IMO.

Finally, I agree with other posters that the true MVP in this game was the defense....after taking the Chiefs' best hits early, they settled down and played a great game IMO.

Go Titans!

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Agreed
    Agreed
    Agreed

Woodson seemed pi$$ed off the entire post game segment. Lol

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I love Suzy Colbert. She’s one of the best broadcasters and she happens to be an attractive woman. I always thought she handled Namath’s drunk come on with such poise. She could have made a big stink about it but played it off as well as could be done for nature of what happened.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I’m sure he was getting blown up for what he said. Deon was also but he came right out and said he wrong. LT was working him over for it on his “Late takes” segment. Love LT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar