NFL Trade Bait

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Interesting article on possible players to be traded. Nothing new really. Housh, Ocho Cinco, Roy Williams all on the list.

Tony Gonzalez with a possible landing spot of Tennessee, I don't see that. Maybe, if we decide it's best just to abandon WR as a position on offense. Nothing but goalline/3te set formations for the rest of the season.

And a nice shot at Antwaan Odom as he is listed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-tradebait100808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

So, will anyone, from anyteam to anyteam, get traded this season?

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I like how Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh are good fits for us but Roy Williams isn't. If anything I wouldn't want Chad Johnson and I would want T.J. Houshmandzadeh and or Roy Williams.

Tony Gonzales? No, don't want.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I can't believe they make articles like this. In the NFL trades aren't as commom as the MLB and NBA.

4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

yea i was thinking the same thing. Mlb trades are one of the biggest parts of the game. NFL they are one of the smallest. I think its beacuse the draft is so big and alot of teams build on those 7 picks a year and u would need to give up alot for a guy who u cant guarentee to sign. If we could bring in houshmanzadeh i think it would make everything nice. It would bump all our wide outs down which would make gage, and mccariens and eventually hawkins that much better. Also it would allow Big Al to take a chill pill so we can lock him up for like 10 years. lol kidding of course but i mean cmon if we had a true #1 we would be un-touchable and it might just make vince the real qb we need him to be

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The only major trades that happen in football is fantasy football.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Wide receiver trades aren't that uncommon. Chargers did it last year. Receiver and running back are easy positions to learn.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Receiver is one of the hardest to learn.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's a safe bet that none of those players will be traded.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

T.J. Houshmandzadeh would make the Titans tight.

I always thought that receivers drafted high are supposed to contribute early much in the same way running backs do. It's not always the case I guess... but shouldn't we expect more from rookie/2nd year receivers than we do? I'm so disappointed in our receiving corp. Sometimes I see a ball that appears to be overthrown and I just know another receiver would have either run under it or not staggered and lost a step on the way there. Tennessee leaves some big plays out there and some of could translate to points. I don't know. It would just be nice to get another piece of the puzzle. With the great start and the relative weakness of the rest of the division and for that matter, the conference, it's kind of hard to argue against making a trade for a known commodity. We could give a high pick for T.J. Houshmandzadeh. He has plenty of productive years left. Who cares about the fact he was a 7th round selection? So was Finnegan. It kind of makes a high pick seem like less of a big deal when put in terms of what can he do for me NOW.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Housh is like 31. That likely means we'd be getting him on the downside of his career. I want a WR who can play with VY for the next 5-7 years. Like Roy Williams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar