NFL To Suspend WR Plaxico Burress For 8 Games?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by -Scar-, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Scar-

-Scar- E-Legend

[​IMG]

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will suspend Plaxico Burress for the first eight games of this season at a minimum, and potentially for the entire 2009 season. The law and order commissioner is not going to take it easy on Burress. It's been quiet since Burress was indicted on Aug. 3 on two counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree, a felony, and one count of reckless endangerment in the second degree, a misdemeanor.

Source: NY Daily News

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea it is ridiculous, but from the district attorneys eyes; Plaxico was a thug waiting to kill someone and not get caught. I mean he's obviously a genius.:rolleyes:

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Ehhh, you might want to say that the law itself is ridiculous, not the sentencing. If that's the sentence that his specific violation carries, then I'd say it's right on.

NOW, as for the law itself, yeah it seems pretty ridiculous, but any further comments that I have about those laws would belong in Taboo, so I'll remain quiet.

So is his 8 game suspension immediate or is it a post-incarcuration penalty?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would think the 8 game suspension is suspended. I mean obviously he will not be playing for those games and I know Goodell will add to the punishment. Because Goodell is the smartest guy in the world, and he knows whats best for everything under the sun.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

BS. Plax is being unfairly treated.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

How so?
    He broke the law and is getting the same punishment (probably even less) than any Tom, Dick or Harry would have gotten if they'd pulled the same stunt.

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

two years for plaxico 21 months for vick.................and the cover of madden for ray lewis! Whom was present when two men were stapped to death and he did not readily cooperate with the law. Something is wrong with that! If lewis had been tom,dick, or harry he would just now be getting out of jail.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The normal statutory minimum for the crime is 3.5 years. He took the deal because he realized that otherwise he would get a lot worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar