NFL To Fine Teams For Players' Bad Behavior

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mdfan, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdfan

mdfan Starter

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Idiotic. I'll make sure my boss gets fined the next time I run a red light.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I think this is an attempt to instill some Semper Fi. Was it Full Metal Jacket that featured the screwup cadet who got a sock pummeling because the platoon was punished for his behavior?

I certainly can see how this could be called unfair or idiotic; but do you think Pacman would have straightened up QUICK if the entire team gathered around to administer some "love taps"?

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Awe man I forgot the courtesy flush today at work looks like ill be getting written up, maybe fired, and my supervisor will be fined

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Goodell has the brain of a sack of bricks.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I wouldn't think it was such a bad idea if he included a clear set of common crimes & punishments such as:

DUI Player gets fined a years salary,team loses him for 8 games.
    Domestic abuse gets fined a years salary,team loses him for 8 games,D
    Recreational drugs 1st offence,fined 6 months salary,team loses him for 4 games etc.

My problem is that God'dell is still deciding who gets what punishment.Something set in stone like the above would carry far more weight IMO.

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

With this rule in place prior to drafting Pacman, do you think the Titans would have drafted him knowing his history in college?
    The argument is, "If I screw up at work, is it fair to punish my boss?" Well it happens at my work. The Supervisor is responsible for his workers. "Sh*t rolls down hill". The NFL is Goodell's business. If a team screws up, it makes his business look bad. It looks like he's making the teams more resposible for the teams players. Same thing with any large Corp., if your workers mess up, it's your arse. Happens every day.

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

But I do agree with what Childress79 is saying, 'IF' you put this into place, the rules, the fines, and penalties need to be set in stone. Players and teams have to know what's in store if they screw up. And the same rule stands Vince Young as it does Donnie Nickey.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That would require that Goodell implement a reproducible standard- limiting his ability to be judge and jury and adminster the policy in a non-arbitrary fashion.

I don't have any problem with the team being held accountable for a 3rd offense. Most people would accept a team getting fined if reasonable measures had not been taken by the team to get the individual from engaging in detrimental behavior thus indicating negligence on the team's part. The problem is WHO decides what is reasonable? All situations are different and thus Goodell remains judge and jury on this issue unless a set of standard corrective protocols are issued by the league for the teams to follow.

All this is also predicated of course, that only allegations are considered detrimental to the league and a violation of conduct policy. So, in essence, we can all skillfully fabricate charges against a particular player we don't like and have the franchises fined......

Oh what a wicked web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

stupid. Goodell is a moron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar