NFL signings around the league.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

Damn that’s solid! I’m cool with us bringing Vaccaro back but, not gonna lie, for the extra $5M I think I’d prefer this deal.

Oh well. There is something to be said about staying with the same system and knowing the players around you. Kenny is still young and should be better than last year.

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

Every GM and Team has misses. You can keep it real on both sides...

On the team or not, the Demarco Murray trade was genius. Helped us establish a new identity after years of mediocrity.

Klein was solid pick up and helped with the same cause. He had 2 good seasons and earned the contract. We’ll see if he lives up to it, but it’s not like we have cap issues. If he struggles again we can dump him. What was the alternative? Bring back Warmack?

Richard Matthews was a great signing. 100% worth the investment. JRob was supposed to know that he would have a breakdown in his 3rd year? Or that the QB he inherited wouldn’t be able to give him the ball after he had an injured offseason?

Trading DGB while most here were drooling over him, for a very serviceable, and needed, fill-in in Dennis Kelly was also genius.

Say what you want about Logan Ryan and Malcom Butler, but for the first time since fielding Finnegan and McCourty, we finally don’t have to worry about our secondary this offseason. That’s a plus. We’re brining back all 5, and they’ll certainly gel better this year.

It’s not like Tennessee and the Titans are on the top of every player’s destination wish list. Especially losing season after losing season. GMs don’t have magic wands. They have to do what they can with what’s realsically available. Are you saying you would fire Robinson? No one is perfect.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Texans have gutted their secondary - 3 players gone on first day of FA!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

oh how easily those sub .500 seasons are forgotten

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree totally. I just have to constantly remind everyone thtat JRob is just an average GM working for a very average franchise. So as my point has been in this thread, prepare to be unimpressed with our FA. This organization only pays for depth players.

Don't really want to debate JRob- done that a bunch in other threads reveiwing draft capital etc.

6. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

7. Young54

Young54 Starter

Interesting. Really thought he'd stay with Baltimore. Avery Williamson looked great last year. That's a great LB corps now. Damn.

8. Carp

Carp Starter

You could not be any more wrong.

Murray was a fantastic move, regardless if he's still on the roster or not.
    Matthews, likewise was a great value move, regardless if he's still on the roster or not.
    Vaccaro was a great move.

And you fail to mention Ryan and and Jones as great FA signings.

And wasted draft capital? 2016 he got Conklin, Byard, and Henry. 3 high quality starters. Also got Sharpe, Sims, and Johnson who are good depth pieces. That's 6 useful players, 3 of which are quality starters.

2017 - Davis, Jackson, and Brown are high quality starters. Taylor, Smith, and Levin are good depth players. Again, 6 useful players

2018 - Only 4 picks due to trades. Still early, but it appears we again got 3 quality starters with Landry, Evans, and Cruikshank. Falk is a JAG, but he was a 6th rounder, so not concerned.

Edit: Upon further review, Woodyard was a Webster signing. I could have sworn he was a J-Rob signing.

#68 Carp, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You really shouldn't. People are quite aware of how you feel.

We made two deals with quality players for reasonable cost amidst all of the ridiculous money being thrown around. That says something about him.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think its good for team morale, which goes a long ways. KV came in, and in a short amount of time, became a very solid player for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar