NFL signings around the league.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Im not a fan on Ansah. He's had injury and performance issues and is a better 4-3 DE fit. Wilkerson needs a prove it deal coming off a major...ankle I think...to show he can get back to form.Wilk is gonna want a high upside if he's getting paid prove it money for multiple years which is why I think he isn't signed. I think he'll want like $7+ for one year to prove he can play and then the chips fall where they will. But if he balls out...you're back to the Suh problem...paying top dollar for top 10 production.

To me, it's worth it...especially when we have the cap space and no long term commitment. If we don't get a DT...no problem. If we get one late, no prob. Even if we get one in round 1...makes our front 7 THAT much better as we can play casey, suh, and the high pick as much as they can. No downside.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I guess the real question is, are we looking to make a run this year? If so, give him a 2 year deal and structure so we can cut him after 1 year. If we're looking more long term, then he's not the answer.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Not entirely true. 2018 backs up your point but every year for at least the previous 10, they bottom out at minimum of 4. the article goes back to 2009 but this is the last 4 years.

2015 - butler, Collins, Jones, Brady, Gronk, gostkowski, Slater.

2016 - Brady, Slater, McCourty, Hightower.

2017 - develin, Slater, gronk, Brady

2018 - Brady, Gilmore

Patriots Pro Bowl selections the lowest in last 9 seasons – Boston Herald

For sake of comparison, titans have 2,5,6,3 over the same 4 years. DW, Lewan, Kern, Murray, orakpo, Casey, trawick, byaard.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I think JROB would be better served going to the more affordable, and long term solution at DT as opposed to just signing Suh for a year...

The validity of us taking a 1st round DT becomes stronger and stronger every day we DON'T bring in a DT from FA...

2016 - Biggest Need(s), RT & FS NONE brought in from FA
    2017 - Biggest Need(s), WR & CB.... ONE brought in from FA, Logan Ryan (but we were already down 2)
    2018 - Biggest Need(s), MLB & OLB... NO Olbs from FA, and 1 3rd stringer for MLB (Will Compton)

2019 - Biggest Needs(s), DT while WR and OLB duke it out..

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

We are looking to maximize the talent on the field. No matter who we draft, Suh would help us by giving us a top 10 talent at his position. You ALWAYS want to make a run but we have the cap space. Is there something better to spend it on this year?

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Arguably, biggest needs are RG or OC or both, OLB future starter or part time player/depth, pass rushing DT and or NT (if they aren't the same guy), #2 WR, heir backup/future star at TE, heir/future star at ILB. Could narrow that down to (not in any particular order...OC/OG, WR, OLB, DT, TE. Only questions are, what are your priorities and how does the draft match those priorities with prospects at those positions (in those rounds).

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

My priority is to whup butt, especially the Colts, and I am open to any path that takes.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I actually would prefer a guy like Timmy Jernigan. Younger, had really good production when he played in this defensive system in Baltimore, is scheme versatile, and would be very solid opposite Casey.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Two things. We aren't looking for a 'solid' guy but would hopefully get a difference maker (like Suh). The other issue with Jernigan is he's coming off major back surgery so unless we got him on a cheap incentive laden prove it deal...I wouldn't touch him.

10. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Well he was a difference maker with legit pocket pushing ability in Baltimore. I'm sure the reason he hasn't been signed yet is the injury concern, but if healthy, I'd love to bring him in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar