NFL signings around the league.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Point is still valid today!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Originally posted 2 weeks ago but copy and pasted daily.
    It's like parrots with verbal diarrhea around here at times.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yeah, it seems no matter what thread I'm in, I see the same whining.

Anyone think Suh or Wilkerson get signed BEFORE the draft?

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I read an article yesterday that the Titans probably won't sign Suh, definitely won't get him in for a visit because we know what he brings. Also visited with him last year.
    I'd like that signing but not sure if it will happen.

They will probably get signed after the draft, once teams figure out what the draft brings.

5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I'm out on Suh. I'd rather have a young player in the draft who has potential, even if it's a mid rounder. Suh was fine last year, but nothing special, and he would cost far too much to be worth what he would give us.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree with Suh costing too much, I'd like Suh and a rookie, Casey would benefit more with a vet until the rookie is up to speed.

I'd like Wilkins in the draft

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'd disagree on your valuation of Suh last year. In combined tackles he's tied for 8th with Aaron Donald league-wide. Casey had only 2 more than them. He tied Casey for solo tackles (12th best in the league). Difference is, Casey and Donald don't have to play NT...Suh does and can. Suh is a fairly unique player in that he can play NT, stack double teams and make it hard to run. At the same time, he can slide out and rush the passer well. He's a very nice piece to have on your D and he made an impact in the post-season last year. So I mentioned Suh, Casey, and Donald being ranked high. Wanna guess how many of our other DL made the top 48? O is a good guess. DQJones is our next best. He was 80th in combined tackles and 95th in solo tackles. I think you can see the vast difference in quality.

You might say...he 'only' had 4.5 sacks...but he did have 57 pressures during the regular season (which is a good amount for an interior DL) and 9 in the postseason (2 MORE than Donald)!

He's a difference maker AND very durable and has great stamina. If he doesn't lead all DT's in defensive snaps, he's got to be close. And teams won't catch us in a base D with run stoppers on the DL who can't rush the passer.

While he's expensive, you get the equivalent play of a 1st round DT (that we could take between 15 and 19) while at the same time drafting another position...giving us DOUBLE the impact. While it's not a long term solution, it is our best shot at getting the most bang for our buck (and draft) this year.

He's also just a one year commitment.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think Suh with Casey would be worth the cost but the draft still has to look forward too. If Suh were signed, at best it’s a 1 year deal so a replacement would still be needed next year.

9. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

ive been saying this for a while. we could also go ansah or wilkerson and give them 2-3 years to really give us some cushion

10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Not at all ... Because they have 1 or 2 superstars and just a bunch of guys who play well in the system. They don’t get guys selected period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar