NFL schedule this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Because things will be going fast and furious, I thought I would post the schedule for the rest of the week leading up to the opening of training camp.

I have opened the 2011 Tennessee Titans Training Camp forum area and will post any training camp info there as soon as it's released.

The upcoming league schedule, according to the NFL:

MONDAY
    -Free agent lists will be distributed to teams.

TUESDAY
    -Players can report to team facilities for physicals, meetings and to receive playbooks.

-Teams can start signing 2011 draft picks and rookie free agents. They also can begin making trades.

-Conversations between clubs and veteran free agents from all teams can start Tuesday, but no signings can occur until Friday. There will be no window for teams to negotiate exclusively with their own veteran free agents.

WEDNESDAY
    -Training camps open for 10 of the 32 teams: Arizona, Baltimore, Dallas, Denver, Jacksonville, New England, Oakland, Philadelphia, San Diego and Seattle.

THURSDAY
    -Camps open for Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Miami, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Tampa Bay and Washington.

-Teams can waive or cut players.

FRIDAY
    -Camps open for Buffalo, Carolina, Chicago, Cleveland, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Minnesota, New York Giants, St. Louis and Tennessee.

-Teams can begin signing free agents and renegotiated contracts. Signed players will be prohibited from physical activity until a CBA is ratified.

-Signed rookies may participate in camp and have health protection if injured.

SATURDAY
    -Camps open for New York Jets and Houston.

AUG. 4
    -The league year begins if the CBA has been ratified by the NFLPA, which must first re-establish itself as a union.

-All clubs must be under the salary cap.

AUG. 11
    First preseason game, with Seattle at San Diego.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Trades can happen tomo morning also. Kolb will have a new team by 10am.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

C'mon FO don't F this up!!

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think he'll end up in Seattle. Most people think Arizona, but look what the Hawx gave up for Whitehurst last year.. imagine what they'd give up for Kolb.

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

CAN'T WAIT!

[​IMG]

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Seattle is rumored to be interested in Tavaris Jackson, and Matt Leinart. Both will be free agent signings a lot cheaper and less complicated than acquiring Kolb. And honestly Jackson is the best bet to play if Whitehurst doesn't pan out. He's played before, stayed healthy, and is a dual threat. Kolb, not so much.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I honestly think the reason Seattle didn't draft a QB this year is because Carroll wants to draft Barkley next year. I think he's hoping Whitehurst can be a stop gap for this year.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If thats his plan, he's got no business playing with the big boys in the NFL. As a fan, to discover thats his map to success, I'd be furious.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Curious as to why?

I mean, I can understand a coach/gm trying to build a team for a "future" QB. Trying to get a few pieces in place before they get the QB they really want. Now it's a stretch to pin all your hopes on drafting Barkley because who knows what will happen or what they would have to give up (if they had to trade up) to get him. But maybe if they are thinking Barkley and have some type of backup plan, it would make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar