NFL Salaries by Team and Position/ The Titans are Getting Ripped Off

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

69.1 Million on offense. If we took out the trash...

Lavelle: 1.47m
    Hasselbeck: 7.5m (personally, dont think he needs to be cut)
    Amano: 5.25m
    Hutchinson: 3.5m (retiring?)
    Harris: 3.95m (free agent)

= 21.67, subtract that from the total = 47.43mil

& that puts us as 8th lowest spent on offense.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

You kidding!?!?!? Titans2004 got it right, he is player we must resign.

Valz was actually REALLY good!! I watched every game, usually more than once, he did really well man - I'm not saying that in comparison to the rest of garbage in our interior, I'm saying that he played very well, PERIOD. I remember reading rankings of O-line players this year, and he was the only interior linemen that got recognition. I think I even saw him on some underrated list as well.

A year ago he played G for us when ppl got injured and played EXCELLENT in that role. He was a better G than C IMO, but definitively capable of playing both. I really thought we shoulda left him at G and not fiddle with him at C when Amano went down. Had it been 'FA-acquisition/trade' for C, Valz/Hutch at G, I think our interior WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH BETTER than it was this year.

--

Also, I really like the idea of moving Stewy inside soon. Big Country still has some VERY quick feet and between two linemen, he can be one hell of a pile mover in the run game. Also, his 'dirtyness' (if you will) would be much better served inside. Also, with all these pass rushing DT's your seeing now in the game, Stewy will stand toe-to-toe with any of them.

Again, back to the run game as a pulling G with those aforementioned quick feet... he could be more than deadly...

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Velasco was our best OL all year, idk what your talking about.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

maybe I just didn't keep that close of an eye on him.

5. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

Looks like we got what we paid for on defense - 31st!

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

well id assume our 31st in d has something to do with a good amount of 2nd year or rookie 2-4 round draft picks starting. ayers casey brown mcarthy those guys come cheap now but wont stay that way same with j mac(dont kill me if hes already been resigned just cant recall at the moment) verner id bet over 50% of our d money goes to whiffin wimbley and d morgue no actual facts or numbers or research put into that just a gut feeling. on a slightly related note if im russel wilson im telling the seahawks if you cant legally renegotiate my contract now then you better put that money into a bigtime wr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar