NFL Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

The demeaning of the Pro-Bowl grows deeper. Just awful. How much Colombian marching powder did the brains trust at the NFL consume before coming up with this "idea" ? Hope Vern does good though .....

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I have an idea to fix it. In order to make the game mean something, I think whichever teams when (NFC or AFC) they should get the first 16 picks in the draft based on record. Then the losing team gets the last 16 picks in the draft based on record.
    The Hammer JCBRAVE

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There is no NFC vs AFC now, this is why I question your posts... Youre not even in the same year as the rest of us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Maybe this is an old subject, but does anyone else think it was stupid to put the probowl in front of the superbowl? Some of the greatest talent wont be there simply because why? I dont know, they are some if the best an they are saving themselves for the game that matters.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

Yea Ive never liked this schedule of having the pro bowl before the Super Bowl. All-Star games IMO should come after the season has concluded.

But the NFL doesn't want their to be a week during their season where no games are played, so here we are with the Pro Bowl a week before the Super Bowl.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I realize that, but what I'm saying is go back to that.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I love NFL football but refuse to watch the Pro Bowl anymore. In this day and age, I'm surprised it still exists.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

It makes Goodell money doesn't it? He's not dumping the game unless it becomes a money pit.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Another example of the NFL only giving lip service to player health.

Here's a collection of the "best" in the league risking their health to play a meaningless game. Sure, no one is going 100% but I've seen a lot of ACLs happen to players with no one else around. Guys get caught up in the pile, etc.

It makes zero sense.

Oh, and the excitement of the Pro Bowl Draft!!!!!!

http://deadspin.com/relive-the-exci...d&utm_campaign=Feed:+deadspin/full+(Deadspin)

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I dont know if anyone noticed this or not. But this new format allowed for ALL 32 teams to have at least one player in the Pro Bowl. Because they were picking players from the whole NFL not X number from AFC and X from NFC. Every team has a player for their fans to watch. No more teams getting left out years in a row.

I do like that change. It is very possible that if the format didnt change, the Titans would have gone 3 years in a row without a Pro Bowler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar