NFL owners unanimous, will opt out of labor deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

AFL is becoming more popular.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It will get worked out, both sides are making too much money to let it go too far. However, it's going to be long and ugly. Both sides are digging in.

I think the NFL would still sell more tickets than we'd expect with scab players. True, it wouldn't be the same quality. But it would still be the best available football. The best wouldn't be playing anywhere, and people still love football. True, it would sell significantly less tickets, or maybe they'd lower prices a little. But I don't think we'd have empty stadiums. Well, except Jacksonville...

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This may be good poll material because we are the diehards and I bet half of us wouldn't spend 50% of our current ticket price to go to the games.

The networks could move a few college games to Sunday and I'd bet most would stay home even at 25% current ticket face value.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Start it up, I agree that it would be a good poll. I'd be there at 50%.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

some of the million of the billions generated need to be used for stadiums to display their product, instead of putting city's on the hook

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'd pay half to see the rookies coming in and scabs. Then 60% the next year as the next batch of rookies came in, then 70% the next etc. I'd love to see the owner's stick it to the players.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if they don't re-work the rookie contracts their a bunch of wussies
    it's retarded to pay these kids all this money when most won't produce at the level of scale until near the ends of the original deals

i'm all for performance pay

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

wait a minute... do you guys mean half-price tickets? Like all the owners slashing prices by 50% to ensure sellouts and raising enough revenue to keep the profit high for them while giving a bunch of scabs "the chance of a lifetime" and paying out $20,000 salaries? Honestly, I can't imagine ticket prices being lowered, but if they were cut in half you can bet i'd pay. How long could it last? Guys have to get drafted, right?

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I can see how people think the players are getting paid too much money, but look at how much money the owners make. Somebody needs to stick it to those rich white guys, who can't even dance, as well...

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

yeah. damn those fat cats. if it weren't for them there would be no jobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar