NFL Network: Evidence Bush will not be picked #1 (From Bush camp)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They are negotiating contracts with these guys. Maybe they think they can get some kind of edge by taking this slow instead of making it look like he is the clear choice -- trying to build a little leverage.

That too.

I would be totally shocked but we are talking about the cows.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But I dont see them gaining any trade leverage by throwing out the idea that you might take Williams. I dont see nearly as many teams willing to trade up for Williams as they would be for Bush. Unless, they think that the saints would take Williams before Bush, but thats a pretty big risk to even trade down one spot if they do want Bush.

And we are talking about the cows, but honestly, it makes just as much sense to me to take Williams or Ferguson for them, as Davis really is a nice RB, especially if they can improve their line. Thats a team with a lot of needs, but RB is a place where they are actually ok. But, it doesnt make sense to take Williams or Ferguson at one, if they really do want Williams they should definately try to trade down, but they only team I could really see them trading with would be the saints. If the Jets trade up then the saints could easily snag Williams at two. Ill say this though, a few months ago the top 3 picks looked to be locked in, but since then this draft has gotten a lot less predictable and interesting, thats for sure.

3. since they have a good rb in dominik davis, they should trade down to the jets for example cause they can still snag ferguson at #4 which would help improve their line a lot

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont necessarily disagree but the Jets arent going to trade up to one (if they want Bush that is) if they think the Texans might take WIlliams. The Jets would try to swap with the saints. I think the Texans end up taking Bush, but I also think it makes sense to take Williams or Ferguson considering their needs. Mel Kiper was just saying that if Williams had been a bit more consistent last year that he would be the top player on everybodys board. So I have to think that their is some seriousness to the Texans at least having a strong interest in Williams, they might not go that way, but I would think they are at least strongly considering it.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

I would love to be in the war room if Bush fell to the Titans. Reese would be doing carwheels, Chow would be doing the Macreena, and Fisher would be running circles around the war room table

6. but i dont know if we would take him tho, because we have two capable backs, and i think bush is the best and will be much better, but we really must get vince because after what happened to McNair were screwed and we cant be one dimensional on the ground

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

It would be interesting if he fell to us, though I dont see it happening. Of course, with the McNair situation, Im not sure we arent in a position to where we have to take a QB. So Im not positive we would even take Bush if he fell to us, unless they feel they can get the Mcnair situation worked out.

8. smili

smili Starter

Reese has always talked big on "best player available" - getting value out of a pick this high. He's also said it's very hard to pass up a franchise quarterback...

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

pfft franchise QB my a$$, none are any more certain then Omar Jacobs is.

Reggie to Tennessee.

Omar Jacobs to Tennessee.

Gunny to Tennessee.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Would the Cows have any leverage with Bush if they went to only to him and told him he was the pick?

I agree. But they may also have a team interested in making a trade up for Bush already. If that is the case, they need to have alternatives ready.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar