NFL Network: Evidence Bush will not be picked #1 (From Bush camp)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal957

metal957 Starter

I have thought of that too. That is what will happen in all likelyness.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The thinking here, if it is true, is that the Texans believe they have Denver's offensive line and their offensive scheme in place. And that you can pretty much run anyone in it. Therefor Bush becomes irrelevant. Especially when you have Domanick Davis. In my opinion the logic fails tho'. Because Denver didn't win the AFC, except when they had the big name stars in John Elway and Terrell Davis, and Shannon Sharpe. They had some nice seasons, but they didn't win anything. So I don't believe the logic that you can just plug anyone back there.

You gotta believe the addition of Moulds has influenced the thinking as well. They would have been one dimensional without him. Basically using Andre and some unknown #4 as a #2 WR. But with Moulds, they essentially have two #1's out there. They have awesome potential thru the air. So even less need for Bush.

All that said. I would still take Bush. I think it's a big mistake not to take him.

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

If a team wants Bush, they would be a lot better off trading for the number one pick, not trading for the player. The rookie pool of the salary cap makes things complicated. The Giants had a huge problem after trading for Manning, because they had to had to pay the number 1 pick with number 4 cap room. The Chargers also had a problem because Rivers wanted more money since the Chargers had number 1 cap room, even though Rivers was the number 4 pick.

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Honestly, I think Brick would fill a greater need for the Texans. Matter of fact, I would mind taking Brick...he's the safest bet in this draft...I think.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/

Word is that Texans have moved Chester Pitts back to LG and Steve McKinney to RG. Zach Wiegert is at RT, Seth Wand at LT, and Mike Flanagan at Center. Mike Sherman is working with Seth Wand at the offseason workouts. "There's a good chance that we may not address (offensive line) in the first round," general manager Charley Casserly said. "We might address it in another round. With the schemes that we're bringing in, I think we're going to be much improved with the players we have."

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I really disagree with this. I think the theory here is that they have a pretty darn good back in DD, who can do a decent job even with their HORRIBLE line. Because DD is a pretty good RB, and they've got money invested in him, they don't need Bush. Also, if they don't fix their line, they won't get anything better out of him.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm not sure if I shouldn't trust that quote about not messing with the Oline, or if it's just stupidity on their part. If they weren't number one, they would be the most guaranteed pick in the draft to take D'brick. At this point, don't trust anything teams say about who they'll address...

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Houston are moving to a 4-3, and they don't really have any tailor made ends. Guys like Babin and Peek are too undersized and the rest of their old 3-4 lineman (Travis Johnson, Robaire Smith etc) are natural ends either.

Picking a top draw DE fills the biggest need, but man, the Texans fans are gonna be pissed if they don't draft Bush.......

9. ya if i was their fans i would be mad too, he has the potential to break a big run at any moment, and it keeps the people on the edge of their seats, even if the team is not doing great, he could still bring in crowds because of his runs, thats the reason that i liked watching USC some this season

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Jeff I dont understand the need for a smokescreen here. I would suspect more teams would be interested in trading up for Bush than Williams, and the only reason Houston would need to throw a smokescreen would be to try and get better trade offers. But showing more interest in Williams would only lessen their offers I would think. Unless, a lot of teams have Williams as the top player on their board, but I dont think thats the case. Plus, Williams or trading down and taking Ferguson really make just as much sense for Houstons needs. Not saying they wont end up taking Bush, but I have to think they are strongly considering Williams at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar