NFL May suspend Joey Porter, For calling out Refs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CriticalTheory, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don't be too hard on the Steelers. They took out the Dolts & made the playoffs alot more fun.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What's funny is he said that he will most likely get fined just moments before he said what he said. The bad calls in that game were very conspiracy suspect if you know what I mean...That was a horrible call and what kills me is that the call was overturned. It was called right the first time. That's fishy. Does not the BJ,SJ,LJ,FJ, or U have any influence on the call at all once it is being reviewed? Or is it at the sole discretion of the Ref?
    I suspect it is the latter...I can't imagine a majority opinion that would overturn that call. Even the broadcasters agreed. They need to look at review procedures.

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

you said it brother... this really looked like a sad effort by a league that is afraid to make a call against the great manning. i mean they aleready changed the rules for him once... whts next... no one is allowed to hit manning before or after he throws the ball? how about no touching of recievers period? maybe interceptions only count if both feet are on the field of play after 4 seconds of possession of the ball and the player is never tackled, touched,... or even stumbles untill he crosses the goal line or manning admits it is an interception.

4. Yeah, but I bet you and GoT were rooting for them on sunday...

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well I was cheering for knee and high ankle sprains, but I was estatic to have the dolts bounced for a 1 and done. Now that the dirty work is done another AFCC loss for Cower would be sweet, then the NFC has to upset Denver and everything will be ok lol

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think there is a huge difference between openly criticizing a call and making the allegations that he made with no proof. Him getting off without so much as a fine is more surprising to me than them overturning that interception. If I was the league, I would have handed him the largest fine known to man and possibly suspended him one game.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Suspended him a game for popping off? That's gestapo tactics. Maybe a $5,000 fine. (small fine)...please...suspend him from the AFC Championship? For being mad about a horrible call made in a challenge? The calls in that game nearly cost that team everything they have worked for...handicap a team because one guy is emotional and worked up 10 minutes after stepping off the field? Give me a break. These are men we are talking about. They are entitled to get mad after taking all that punishment.

Good thing you are not the league.

ps- he wasn't fined because he was right.
    if there is anything the league hates more
    than screwing up is looking stupid.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It was reported yesterday that Porter would not receive a fine or suspension for his comments.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He did more than diss the refs. He accused the NFL of having some kind of conspiracy against them with no proof. If I did that to some random person on the street, I would be prosecuted and sent to jail. It's a step above blowing off steam from a bad call imo...

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

No you wouldn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar