Nfl live reported on Hanesworth...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DirtySouthBoyz, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtySouthBoyz

DirtySouthBoyz Luv da' Rock

I have thaught the same thing... If texans get him, I expect a change with thier team... Their on the rise..... oh i forgot, there in some trouble right now .

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Untill the Texans put consistent winning seasons together then i'll consider them on the rise,these 8-8 records dont cut it.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm supportive of Mike Reinfeldt. Haynesworth is undoubtedly a terrific player but he clearly has put himself before the team with this "I must be the highest paid defensive player" load of crap. The more Haynesworth is reported on the less I want him to return. Many of you guys may not want to hear this but I truly believe that the Titans are better off without some mega contract leeching off the teams ability to compete. I know it's not just me but only time will tell. For the record I expect a steep drop off in production wherever he lands. Haynesworth is on the cusp of making his worst career move since he stomped on Andre Gurode.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Hanesworth # 1 Goal is the become the Highest Paid DT, which in his eyes makes him the most important player in that position. He doesnt need all that money , he wants it to prove a point and gain the spotlight.

If he gets what he wants, i expect him to slack off with his goal accomplished. He going to be like, I've proven myself with this new Contract, i'm not going to kill myself anymore.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Did Jared Allen drop off? just a question, I actually don't know. I could see Haynesworth getting hurt early and not producing. I wonder if Asante Samuel did anything of value? Who could forget that cornerback who got balled on so hard that the raiders had to get rid of him...I don't even remember his name...but he had a HUGE contract.

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Haynesworth doesn't want to be the highest paid DT but rather the highest paid defensive player all together. And I doubt it's all about the spotlight. Haynesworth is already talked about by every football fan as one of the best D linemen in the game right now. IT IS about the money.

Jared Allen didn't drop off. He did start somewhat slower but ended up with a really good year (54 tackles,14.5 sacks,and 3 FF). Same with Asante Samuel, he had a pretty respectable year in Philly (35 tackles,22 pass def, and 4 int's). And yes....D Hall was a very, very bad choice for the Raidas.....he got something like 8 million for 8 games and gave up miles and miles of completed passes. It's really hit or miss.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Al's future production vs his past can only be guessed at. The only thing that feels certain is that The Titans are better off with him.
    Bottom line though - it isn't my money so I don't get to pick.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm really basing that on Haynesworth's past. I'm not really taking other players reactions to big money into consideration at all. Haynesworth has a question mark hanging over him on character and work ethic in my mind. I really view Albert as a prime candidate for complacency. Whether or not that was the case with Allen or Samuel is completely irrelevant to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. imbread

imbread Starter

we have the core we need to get to the playoffs and may be 2 more players to win the superbowl.. give the guy what he wants and just end it.. our f.o. better get it done before a bidding war starts and then as a titans/oiler fan for years knows we are going to walk away with nothing..

10. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Somebody is going to get p/oed when he turns into fat lazy Haynesworth. You can pay him all the money in the world but who says that he is going to try as hard when he has a long term contact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar