NFL Game pass and online options

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by XO, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

@GrayGhost1951 if you have a Smart Tv you dont need Roku unless your tv's built in streamer doesn't get the channels you want...but I don't think that would be a problem. Rokus are stresmer add-ons for dumb tvs.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Thus the HDMI cable he was talking about. Still, what service on the Internet do you go with so you get the normal stuff people watch (I mainly watch sports) like ESPN, FS1, NBCSP, etc? Would you have to rig an antenna for local?

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

You do need an antenna for local. We have a digital antenna for broadcast tv.
    For the first question, I can only speak to how the Roku works, which is that there is a "channel store" button with a list of all available channels. Lots of th em are subscription, and a huge amount of them are church channels :rolleyes: There are ESPNs and various specialty sports stations.
    Roku.com probably has a channel list that you could peruse. Really, it's mostly crap outside of all the major players- i.e. the Science Fiction channel is mostly Grade Z films- but some niche stuff is pretty cool, like the Grindhouse channel which shows Grade Z films that are enjoyable. Qello is concerts and music docs only.
    Mine is the Roku Stick, which is a little thumb drive that plugs into the HDMI. It's cheap and plenty.

4. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Just got an email to renew Gamepass for 179? Last coupe of years its been like 89 for the year (using Denmark) thru Hola.

Tried changing it but says Season Plus.

Is it that much, just need the Titans which would be cheaper like the previous years

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Pretty sure they removed the team-thingy last year and season plus was the only option, but existing team-only customers got it to the same price.

Mine is auto-renewing for 179 EUR as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Thanks! I will see if there are any cheaper selections if not I guess I will let it renew as well. They should have kept the specific team selection at a lower rate tho....

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Previously the rates have been lower in Brazil, Netherlands or Romania - try shopping around.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I just looked up NFL Gamepass where I can watch every game replay, is that what you're talking about or are you talking about something that allows to watch live?

The website had a price of 99.99 USD.
    I don't see any options for specific team or "season plus". It also give live Preseason games and some archived material.

How do you get it through another country's prices?

9. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Not the replay, this is watching it live but you VPN from another country. The US page only allows the replays.

You have to do it with google and you add on "Hola" extension, which will allow you to pick a country. I have been doing it for the last 3 years for 89 bucks.

Look through this thread and the directions should be on here.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This method no longer works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar