Rumor NFL Free Agency Rumors

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Devontae Freeman could be a good 3rd down back.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Carp

Carp Starter

Tampa would be a good landing spot for Gurley with Brady in the fold.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nah Gurley is donsies

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I'm all for paying Gurley 3m to back up Henry :brow:

5. Carp

Carp Starter

As a starting bell cow? For sure. He's still gonna hang around for a few more years though.

6. Tricky

Tricky Starter

According to the overthecap calculator, we should be able to sign Logan, Clowney, Sharpe, Brock, Correa and have room for draft picks. The cap number it shows is just year 1. Clowney I backloaded a little.

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 3.27.18 PM.png

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

why sign Beasley if they planned to go after Clowney? I could be wrong but I don’t see Clowney coming here. I’d rather them grab a quality DT to play with Simmons.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Clowney has played plenty of 3-4 DE. He moves all over.

I was really doing the exercise to see if we had room to keep some of our guys, including logan, and still sign a big free agent.

9. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I wouldn’t complain if that happened, you must be good at math all of the cap stuff confuses me one day I hear we have so much to spend, the next day it’s completely different. I guess if we signed Clowney we better have that pass rush we’ve been missing for so long.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. 615nick

615nick Starter

Right now we need a dt/34 de, a cb, wr and a rb2 before the draft imo. Of course we have other depth positions to fill, but those can wait until the draft and post draft signings.
    Dt/34de- clowney?, harris, suh, wolf
    Cb- ryan, smith, breeland, rhodes
    Rb- drake, gordon, gurley
    Wr- anderson, perriman, agholor, sanders

According to spotrac we have 36.2m left, i know that doesn't include rookies, but i think we could make room by restructuring, cutting or trading if need be. With 36.2m and only 4 needs, we could pay those guys 9m a piece. That's plenty to get those guys in here. It would be very interesting if we could convince gurley or gordon to backup henry for 7m or less

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar