Rumor NFL Free Agency Rumors

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I was also dead wrong on that one. I wanted leinert and I remember the rumors about cutler.
    Both picks would have drastically changed our history. Leinert was a quickly enough discovered bust that we probably would have drafted at least a year earlier than Locker.
    Cutler probably would have had us a little more competitive to need a new QB after Locker’s year.

2. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

Either he is worth a first or more or he isnt going to cost as much to resign as everyone is saying.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Rivers and the Chargers are parting ways. Not a rumor anymore. If he wanted to play close to home, Tampa Bay might be an option if he doesn't choose to retire.

4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Miami could be an option? Rumors say they want to draft Tua but Tua won't be ready for a season or two so Rivers could be the guy for the time being while Tua heels and learns

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Miami has already committed to Fitz til their rookie is ready

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Oh yeah forgot about that. I'd love Fitz as our back up but be cool to get keenum

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Devil's advocate here - wouldn't you rather pay a tackle than a guard? I would almost rather pay Conklin and cut Saffold. Saffold was bad for a good part of the beginning of the season. Conklin was bad last year when he still coming off an injury.

What would be the cap hit to release Saffold? It seems like it would be easier to replace a guard than OT. If I remember correctly, we'll be paying Saffold $12-$13 million this year. Put that towards resigning Conklin if you can make the numbers work.

8. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

9. JM1995

JM1995 Starter

His dead money would be 13.1 million so he's not going anywhere. Next year his dead money would be almost 5 million and we'd save 7.5 million. After that we could save 10.5 by cutting him his final year and only eat about 2 million. I'd say it's safe to say he's our LG for the next 2 seasons. He also was one of our top performers at the end of the season if I remember correctly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm thinking Rivers will be a Buc

Or a Jag?

I think Miami takes Tua or Herbert and let's Fitz be QB1 until rook is ready

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar