Rumor NFL Free Agency Rumors

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'd like to sign Henry to a 3-4 year deal...hope we do something with the $ we freed up by trading Casey for a bag of balls

Draft a RB2 that can grow into the RB1

2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I'm not sure if you mean do something else (other than sign Henry) with the money we freed up with moving Clowney, but signing Henry to a deal would very likely save money against the cap this year.

His tag number is over $10M, so a 3-4 year deal at even $12M average/yr would have his first year cap number likely below $10M. Depends on how the contract is structured, but most deals go with the higher cap towards the end.

That all means that we easily could have locked Henry up without moving Casey. So if that wasn't the point of moving Casey, what was? I have to believe the team is firmly in the Clowney sweepstakes, or looking to do a trade for someone that is unhappy with their current contract situation.

The other possibility is that they roll that cap space into next year and look to grab a guy like Chris Jones if he's not tagged again.

3. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

He had 3 seasons better than any qb since the titans have been the titans.... What are you talking about....

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I meant do something, yes sign Henry but if that's the case with the numbers (not a cap expert) than do something. Clowney would be good but not overpaying for him.
    Carlos Dunlap and Judon have been mentioned as a trade targets for us

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. JVC34

JVC34 Special Teams Standout

I'm saying the team is set...We will fill in a few spots from the draft. Not signing Clowney hopefully we can in terms with Ryan. Team looks good Tanny is the man.

6. Carp

Carp Starter

He was good in Miami. He just missed a bunch of games from 2016-2018. As long as we can keep him standing upright, he should continue to be a highly efficient QB. But I don't think people should start expecting Mahomes or anything.

7. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I think a big part of his mediocrity in Miami was the system he was in. It was very much a spread system, without much of a commitment to the run. Art Smith's heavy play action and vertical threat scheme is much more suited to Tannehill and it showed last year.

It also just seems like the light went on for him. He was throwing the ball in tight spaces with a ton of confidence last year. That's not something that just disappears because you had a year in the same scheme with the same playmakers around you.

8. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Chiefs are in a spot. They better win it again this year. They are completely out of cap room and Patrick Mahomes, Chris Jones, Sammy Watkins are all becoming free agents. They'll have to let Jones and Watkins walk, probably make some cuts, and not bring on anyone else to be able to sign Mahomes to the deal he will get.
    Screenshot_20200330-093032_Bleacher Report.jpg

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yep. I haven't seen a QB in a Titans uniform slinging dimes into small windows like that since mcnair. I want to see a lot more.

10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Steve was a better player, but Tannehill is a better passer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar