NFL Europa Officially dead

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Canadian ball..

Not bad but remember they tried to have canadian league teams in some USa cities and what happened? Failed! Baltimore had a team for a while before the browns moved. I think sacremento was another failure.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Actually, while those teams may have failed in those cities, I can still recall of (at least) one player who played for Memphis before they folded, and then moved on to the NFL.

His name was Joe Horn.

But, even though the game failed "IN" the U.S. doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good league to use as a developmental league.

As it stands the CFL currently has eight teams (but has talked of expanding up to nine or possibly even ten teams). I'm not sure how many players each team allocated to a NFLE team. But, if (as the league is now) a CFL team was drafted by four different NFL teams and then allocated 5 players by each of those teams, the CFL the could then fill out their roster with Canadian players (CFL rosters-as it stands-require 20 CDN players).

And, by doing this it gives the NFL the feeder league they're looking for.

And, the league is already in place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar