NFL Draft '07: Pick #80 - Fresno State WR Paul Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

956 yards in 13 games isn't elite? That is on pace for somewhere around 1200 yards. I can't even remember the last time we had someone with 1200 yards. If the 49ers got him for a 4th, it is a definite that we could have had him for our 3rd. We might even could have gotten him for our 4th since I'm sure Seattle would much rather give him to us than the 49ers. Bottom line: who would you rather have, Paul Williams (unproven rookie) or Darrell Jackson (seasoned veteran who is better than any receiver currently on our roster)? Seems like a no brainer to me.

As far as the Turner deal, it seems like the Chargers wouldn't be dumb enough to ask for a first rounder for him. He will not resign with them. Therefore, his value is whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay. Unless we offered them less than he is worth as a backup running back for one year, what reason would they have to refuse? A 2nd rounder seems more than sufficient, but I would still be more than willing to give up a couple later round picks on top of that. I see what Fisher said, but it seems highly unlikely to me that the Chargers wouldn't go for that. Now they will have a great backup for one year instead. Seems like that is definitely not in their best interest.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So lets imagine for a moment what the scenario could have been.
    We trade both our 4th round picks for Moss and Jackson.
    We trade our 1st next year for Turner.
    Now we don't have to use three picks on WRs although we might still take one later.
    We don't use our second rounder on Henry.
    We still get Griffin in the 1st round.
    That leaves 2nd and 3rd round picks for defense.
    2nd round? McBride, Crowder, Abiamira, Alama-Francis, Bazuin were all DLs taken soon after our pick. Also, Eric Wright a CB.
    3rd round? Tank Tyler, Charles Johnson, Jonathan Wade, McDonald, Pitcock...

Could have been interesting. A guy like Jackson might not be a super star WR but it could take years before one of the guys we drafted is anything close to putting out the numbers Jackson is capable of putting out from day one.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

just a side note there Sox - Moss was only going to restructure for New England.

He would have been disgruntled anywhere else in the league with a hefty contract as well.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

which is one more reason to hate the patriots.

5. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Jackson is getting old and has long term injury questions. Degenerative toe reportedly and the knee that continually bothers him.

MR is aware of his injuries and what he can do.

He wants a BIG contract as well

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Moss would've settled for the same price with other teams. Not crap teams, but yes, others. He would've went to NO, SD, Indy, Pitt, Eagles, etc. for what the Pats paid.

7. well he wants a championship now, and i dont see why the eagles are on there when they lost stallworth and mcnabb probably wont be ready for the season

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

And the Titans aren't in NO, SD, Indy or Pitt

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's why the titans weren't mentioned in my post.

10. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i think PW is more potential like Mike griffin...
    not big numbers but hopefully a developmental playmaker
    he's a beast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar