NFL Draft '07: Pick #80 - Fresno State WR Paul Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I would like to believe that the Titans know more than I do, but the track record says otherwise. We take Paul Williams with a 3rd round pick. Meanwhile, Darrel Jackson, a player that the Titans were supposedly a contender for, is had for a 4th rounder. Michael Turner, a much more proven player than Chris Henry with just as much upside, probably could have been had for little more than the 2nd rounder we used to get him. Then there is our inability to keep key players (Bennett and Henry, whoops). I am the first to say that I don't know how these players will turn out and generally I always believe that the GM has done his research so I'm even more excited when a no namer is picked, but this GM has given me reason to assume otherwise.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Chargers wanted a first in next years draft for him, so no he couldn't have.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

A first in next year's draft qualifies as little more than our 2nd rounder. Besides, from what I could gather, the Chargers have never disclosed what they were looking for. Where did you hear that?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/blurb_view.cgi?blurb=news649220

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This thing looks like the Chargers upped the ante late.

Though I'm hoping the Titans pick of Griffin wasn't influenced by the Chargers (who liked him), I thought that might be case at one point yesterday.

I was thinking Meachem might drop to #30 and then the Titans and Chargers would swap picks along with the Titans giving up a third or fourth-rounder for Turner.

The Chargers may have wanted a second-rounder in '08 instead of the third in '07. I hope the details come out in time. I can't believe they'd ask for a first-rounder.

6. yea im in agreement TJ, asking for a first rounder for a backup RB is out of the question

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I couldn't imagine we did it without a deal 100% in place.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

who knows gunny, MR is our GM remember......anything is possible in Nashville.....................and in buffalo...

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

It happens. See Eli Manning.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

1) Darrell Jackson at this point isn't an elite receiver, and was already dealt in a deal with 49ers earlier in the day.

2) San Diego wanted at least a 1st round for Turner, per Fisher and Reinfeldt. AT LEAST. End of story, he's not worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar