NFL Divisional Games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

This is where the argument started.

I simply said offense beats a better defense in todays league. Right before that you said “i dont blow a load over QBs” - basically disagreeing with the statement. And I showed you proof as of the last 6-9 years it is the OFFENSE thats been the huge factor of teams winning rather then defense. I even did research and to prove my statement. Would a HoF QB be great? Of course, but majority of these QBs that have won as of late will be HoF QBs. Brady/Brees/Wilson/Rodgers.

Now your claiming that Im cherry-picking. No bro. You ARE. Lol.

#261 MariGOATa, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Denver had Manning and got smoked in the SB. Then they got a defense and won, even with Manning playing like crap.

3. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

That defense will go down as one if not the best defense to ever play.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Whoops. Check out this statement by you.

#264 HurrayTitans!, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Rodgers
    Brees
    Wilson
    Manning
    Brady

All will be HoF QBs. A QB is alot of the offense in the last 7-10 years.

6. HurrayTitans!

So now you're back and forth between needing a top offense or a HoF QB.

Too many examples have already disproved you except you don't want to accept them.

2015 broncos will not be remembered as an all time great, just great for that season and 100% why they won the SB.
    Defense still wins championships. Offense helps, but you can win without it. You cannot without a top D.

7. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Yes you can, I posted the stats to proof your statement wrong and you never did anything to proof those wrong.

You’re simply judging a defense and offense solely on what they do in the playoffs vs what they did the whole year including regular season games.

8. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

And yes Broncos defense will be remebered as an all time great becauase of how bad of a year staticially Manning had. He was the worst starting QB that year to win a SB.

9. HurrayTitans!

2016 - #1 Points allowed D NE beats #1 Points for ATL. That exactly defies your statement.

2015 - #4 Denver D beats #1 Carolina offense. Again defying your statement.

2013 - #1 Seattle D beats #1 Denver offense. Again defying your statement.

That's 3 of the last 4 SB where exactly a #1 offense lost to a top D.

The 2014 season not listed is Seattle's #1 Defense losing to NE #4 offense on a play hinged on Seattle's #10 offense vs. NE #8 defense.

10. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

So your judging them simply on SB games? Your ignoring the fact of how they got their? Etc.

Seattle 2014 offense was ranked 11th in the league scoring: 22.9 ppg. 33.04 yards (15th best)

2013 Seattle - #11th scoring in the league.

Lets look at the SB scoreboards over the years:

Pats 34
    Falcons 28

Pats 28
    Seahawks 24

Broncos 48
    Panthers 8

Ravens 34
    Niners 31

Again - cherrypicking games isnt how you evaulate the whole season. The fact of the matter is that no top defense will stop an explosive offense, majority of good offenses have a better chance at advancing in the playoffs/SB than defenses. Its just facts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar