NFL Clarifies Pacman Celebration Penalty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No... no... it would be the Pacman Chomp.

Hey, if I thought that they could get away with it (no way), I'd say have 4 guys in blue sheets out there for him to chase off the field doing the Pacman Chomp...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You think the NFL would notice?

3. Mmmmm..... possibly.....

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

They lost me on that one. Obviously one of the refs too as he signaled 1st down for the Chiefs. The Chief player never even controlled the ball, I don't know how SD got it back. Do the same rules apply on a blocked FG?

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I really thought that AH and Starks were going to get a penalty for their display after Starks sack. AH acted like the photographer taking a picture of Starks as he posed.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because the punt went beyond the line of scrimmage and if a cheif player touches the ball it's live. just like if the returner muffs the ball.

the same rule does apply to a blocked FG if it goes beyond the line of scrimmage, remember leon lett?

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

OK, I thought if it were blocked it wasn't the same as a live punt. And yes...poor Leon.....two times.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Sizzling bacon action.

The League pretty much sucks now as far as entertainment. They are the lucky the game is still good enough to survive the stupid assed rules. Brawls are down, but damn, now there is nothing to talk about. Not even the qb getting smashed. The league has really lost a lot of what made it so great. I liked the defenseless WR. I waited for him to get cracked. They bounce right up 97% of the time. If the players went on strike over celebrations and qb's wussification, I would support it.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It's really amazing we didn't get a 15 yarder for celebration after the Bironas kick. That would have really ruined the moment. They have taken some starch out of the game for sure. We would have never had the Eddie George/Ray Lewis in your face play if the rules were the same as they are now. That was such a great moment. I never cared for organized celebration like the Skins used to do, but some rules have left this game way too sterile.

10. Seriously, doesn't the NFL really annoy you sometimes with these silly rules, its a game, your allowed to bloomin celebrate jeez, I just luagh at endzone danses, and stuff like that, its not meant to offend...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar