NFL Clarifies Pacman Celebration Penalty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if you dont want them to celebrate, dont let them score. that's my look on it. then again, the league likes scoring points, so they wouldnt give any advantage to the defense.

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Yeah right. Dieon also said the one player (forgot who it was) last week that did the high step going into the endzone shouldn't showboat. Ha! Ha! Ha!

So does that mean that no one else is allowed to do it but the Packers?

There are other teams that do the leap as well.

3. Fry

yeah, but the whole reason it is allowed is because of lambeau. if the packers could do it and no one else could, the league would look pretty silly. they took one for the tradition of lambeau.

4. Pacman needs to do the Pacman sign (think the Gator chomp) all the way back to the sidelines...

Honestly, I think he should spend all his free time working on new celebrations. You know... something to keep him home at nights...

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

As long as he doesn't get suspended, I'll take a minus 15 for every single TD he scores.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He must be catching up or equal to the number of TDs he's had called back now.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

No Gator chop. I don't want to turn into bongo over a celebration.

8. Fry

all i know is he has as many as drew.

9. smili

smili Starter

I'd like to see the league get rid of the new rules regarding celebrations. Were they really that big of a deal in the first place???

TitanFan62702 said it best: No Fun League.

Here's a prediction - there will be a rule change around the punt block the chiefs made in the san diego game. It's like 4th and 10 on San Diego's 15 yard line, Chiefs block a punt and the ball is touched by chief player 2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. San Diego recovers - first down san diego. At least make the ball go beyond the first down line for the punting team to "recover" a blocked punt. Reward the defense for making a block instead of penalizing them for the freak play.

10. Fry

i see what you're saying, but what if it's 4th and 1? you're still leaving a grey area for the refs to screw it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar