Next years QB pick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Sep 18, 2008.

?
  1. Tim Tebow, Florida

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Max Hall, BYU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pat White, West Virginia

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Mat Stafford, Georgia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Mark Sanchez, USC

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Chase Daniel, Missouri

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  7. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Titans won't draft a QB in 2009

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teegee

teegee Guest

Titans won't draft a QB in the first 3 rounds of the 2009 draft -- UNLESS they decide to just totally give up on Young. They might draft a late round developmetnal type QB -- but that would mean none of the QBs listed in this poll.

Also, Sam Bradford -- who would be my first choice -- is a redshirt sophomore -- so is he eligible to be taken in the 2009 draft? I think he may stay in school another year even if he is eligible. I'm not totally sold on any of the others -- Pat White reminds me too muh of Michael Vick/Vince Young -- that is, relies way too much on his legs to try and make plays. Tebow is similar, although is probably a better pure passer than White. Harrell may be another product of a specific wide-open system, Daniel is hurt by his lack of size (listed at 6'0", in reality closer to 5'10"), etc. etc. etc. Some of these guys will turn out to be good NFL QBs -- I just don't have a good read on which one(s).

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Young is in a limbo stage right now, its too early to give up on him. If the organization is going to make that decision, I think its a bit too early. Do I think he should start? Hell no. Let him be a backup.

3. VYoung10USC

VYoung10USC Guest

I cant wait until you all eat your words about Vince Young. He will be a very good quarterback, give him a little time!

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

as long as he is three years removed from his senior year in high school he is eligible for the draft.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If we draft a QB, it's because the Colonel is going to retire and VY's going to need a back-up (unless Simms sticks).

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't see Simms sticking. I like him but I don't see him being re-signed unless KC retires.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He might if we make a SB run. :wink2:

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

IF? Dude were going to win it all!

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'll go through these guys one by one. I want to draft a QB next year, I'm not sure we will but you never know. Fisher doesn't seem too high on Young now.

Tim Tebow, Florida

No way no how. I don't think he's that great a passer, his running style wont work in the NFL and I've seen him play this year, defenses look to be figuring him out. He wont pan out in the NFL.

Max Hall, BYU

Don't know enough about him.

Pat White, West Virginia

As a wide receiver? Running back? He's much too small to be an NFL QB. No chance he plays QB in the NFL.

Mat Stafford, Georgia

Maybe. I wasn't too high on him earlier this year and I still don't think he's a first round QB but he's growing on me some. We'll see how the rest of the year pans out.

Mark Sanchez, USC

Doubt he comes out but if he does he'll be a project, only one year as a starter so not much experience. But maybe.

Chase Daniel, Missouri

He isn't that great a pro prospect as many think. He might be good but I don't want to bank the future on him. It's tough for a 6ft tall QB to succeed in this league.

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

I'm as big a Sam Bradford fan as you'll find but I doubt he comes out. If he does (like Sanchez) his inexperience will hurt but I'd be willing to let him sit for awhile because he's going to be great.

Graham Harrell, Texas Tech

Eh, pass. System QB.

Guy I really want is Curtis Painter out of Purdue. He didn't have a great game against Oregon but I think by the end of the year he'll come around. If we could land him in the 2nd round and Jeremy Maclin in the first I would be very happy.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I like it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar