Next year's cap numbers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ChitownTitan, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny

danny Guest

re do McNair's deal, Sirmon restructures or goes. Hopkins is cut and or retires, Bell takes over for Pillar or Olsen and one of those two starters is cut. Bingo, cap's fixed...

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

treat McNair the same as they did George. Offer a fair price and if he refuses let him go. No need to keep paying dead money on him

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If we cut McNair, Hopkins, Olsen, Sirmon and LT we save over 27 million in cap money. We also let Tank, Hartwig and Kassel walk unless they are willing to play for the vet minimum. Except for McNair it looks like all these guys have underachieved this year and need to go anyway. McNair's best days are behind him.

4. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

If we cut all those guys at once we'll have the 1st pick in next year's draft.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Were're already coming in at almost $10 million under the cap. Why go and cut all of our Vets again. For what? Draft picks?? How long do you plan on sucking?

6. No, we're still over the cap. Just not nearly like we were in the past.

7. Tightans

Tightans Guest

I think when it is all said and done we will be under cap... But I agree some pay cuts are going to be an order. Don't we have a few options when it comes to McNairs bonus and wouldn't he leave behind a cap charge? I would hate to lose our vets on an team that is full of novice?

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In reality the only one on that list that should be brought back is McNair at a drastically reduced salary.
    Hopkins CAP total as it stands is 10 million next year. Olsen is 9 million. Sirmon is 5.5. LT is 2.3. McNair without changing his contract is at 29.
    Thats almost 56 million in CAP money for players that are not playing real well. Even if we cut them we still only save 27 million. Why not cut our losses now, take the 27 million to fill in any gaps with FAs.
    Where are we going to get the money to sign KVB? I would rather have him than any of these guys. We could cut Henry but we only save 1.5 million so I'm thinking he is worth the low CAP hit of 2.1 to have a quality RB signed through 2009 especially with Brown becoming a FA after next year.

Kassel, Tank and Hartwig are all FAs. Anyone feel like throwing alot of money their way? The only one on that list worth considering is Tank IF he plays like he did against Houston the last 3 games. Tank might be a decent value. Certainly Reynolds or a rookie or FA can play MLB and Hartwig has really stunk this year. I'm not sure I want him back at any price over the vet minimum and only because he can be a versatile backup.

9. maximus

maximus Starter

BHOP will go, Olsen or Pillar will most likely be cut, McNair will rework his deal and Reese wont have the 50 million dollar bonus to worry about.
    Resign Tank at the vet minumum(or close to it). We should be able to grab a center from one of the OL we have drafted over the past 2 years or there will be a couple of descent ones that will be FAs that we can sign. Kassel should be resigned only for the vet min-he's hurt all the time because he is always busting his butt

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If you are McNair, do you take a huge cut to stay with a team who will have a second-year LT and other new guys up front? Add to that the issues surrounding the targets he has on offense and that the Titans don't look close to being a playoff team and probably won't be until '07.

I don't know if he'd be willing to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar