Pre-Game Thread Next Up: Titans @ Chiefs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Dec 12, 2016.

?
  1. Titans by 1-3

17 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. Titans by 4-6

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. Titans by 7-9

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Titans by 10-13

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Titans by 14+

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. Chiefs by 1-3

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Chiefs by 4-6

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  8. Chiefs by 7-9

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  9. Chiefs by 10-13

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  10. Chiefs by 14+

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Yep. A game out of the 6 seed and own tiebreakers on 2 of the 3 teams that are a game ahead of us. Going to be a photo finish.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Biggest mismatch is actually special teams. KC is one of best in the business while we are the worst outside the punter and kicker themselves. The KC defense and ST pair well to help their sluggish O.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yesterday showed we can go toe to toe with anybody!

But the Chiefs will be tough. Similar to the Broncos as most of u have said. Pound the rock and avoid turnovers. Peters and Berry are lethal.

I'm putting a bigger focus on stopping Maclin and Hill from making big plays. Can't punt to Hill. U just can't. We need to be well prepared to avoid that.

Smith is a Jekyll and Hyde QB to me, but he can really tear our secondary apart if we let him. can't give him time bc Maclin and Hill will win their matchups

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I'll be there as well. Almost in the exact same spot it sounds like.
    Sunday's high temp......17

Have to stop Kelce and Houston. Smith is the master of short passes, and those seem to kill us.

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

A viewer wrote in tonight on Titans on 2 and asked if we were punting OOB to Hill. Mularkey said he is a big threat, and we are giving him a lot of attention. Also was concerned about covering him, with good reason. Kelce can hurt us too.

6. RealestWhiteBoy

When we were looking down the barrel of Broncos and Chiefs back-to-back, I was really dreading the defenses. But I really enjoy looking at all the different stats leading up to games, and I've been digging into the Chief's defense ... and I have to say, I get more comfortable the deeper I dig.

First, their overall ratings are #18 vs the pass, #27 vs the run, and #27 overall. So, we will definitely be able to find room to move the ball, I think. A lot more room than we had against the Broncos, for sure.

Oh, but they're the classic bend but don't break, right? Well, they are the #25 scoring D in the NFL ... so, they do quite a bit of breaking, too.

But they are +11 in turnover ratio, right? So, we really need to be super duper careful against these guys, because they are robbing everyone, right? Well, OK, sure, they are +11 and we are +2, and if they are given the chance with an INT then they have a couple DBs that can legit take it all the way to the house. But don't forget that SIX of them interceptions came against Ryan Fitzpatrick in Week 3. Fitzmagic threw SIX interceptions. Without those, they are only +5. The fact is that besides that 6 INT game by Fitzy, they only have 1 game with multiple interceptions. They are 3-2 in game in which they don't get a pick. So, if Mariota can play smart with the ball (which he clearly can) and stay pick free, then their defense is a non-factor. Just can not force anything, or it can be a pick 6 in a second.

As far as their offense ... the pass game that is scaring everybody is #18 in the league, their run game is #25, and their overall offense is #24. They're #14 in scoring, and that's greatly helped by 6 TDs by their defense and special teams.

9 times they've been held under 250 passing, their RB has been held to 54 of few rush yards in all but 1 games this year (Week 1).

They're #18 in the league with plays of 20+ yards.

Obviously, we have to cover Kelce down the seam and Hill deep, that goes without saying. But if we go in there and don't turn the ball over, I'm feeling like we will be able to move the ball and have a chance to come out of there on top.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. RealestWhiteBoy

When we were looking down the barrel of Broncos and Chiefs back-to-back, I was really dreading the defenses. But I really enjoy looking at all the different stats leading up to games, and I've been digging into the Chief's defense ... and I have to say, I get more comfortable the deeper I dig.

First, their overall ratings are #18 vs the pass, #27 vs the run, and #27 overall. So, we will definitely be able to find room to move the ball, I think. A lot more room than we had against the Broncos, for sure.

Oh, but they're the classic bend but don't break, right? Well, they are the #25 scoring D in the NFL ... so, they do quite a bit of breaking, too.

But they are +11 in turnover ratio, right? So, we really need to be super duper careful against these guys, because they are robbing everyone, right? Well, OK, sure, they are +11 and we are +2, and if they are given the chance with an INT then they have a couple DBs that can legit take it all the way to the house. But don't forget that SIX of them interceptions came against Ryan Fitzpatrick in Week 3. Fitzmagic threw SIX interceptions. Without those, they are only +5. The fact is that besides that 6 INT game by Fitzy, they only have 1 game with multiple interceptions. They are 3-2 in game in which they don't get a pick. So, if Mariota can play smart with the ball (which he clearly can) and stay pick free, then their defense is a non-factor. Just can not force anything, or it can be a pick 6 in a second.

As far as their offense ... the pass game that is scaring everybody is #18 in the league, their run game is #25, and their overall offense is #24. They're #14 in scoring, and that's greatly helped by 6 TDs by their defense and special teams.

9 times they've been held under 250 passing, their RB has been held to 54 of few rush yards in all but 1 games this year (Week 1).

They're #18 in the league with plays of 20+ yards.

Obviously, we have to cover Kelce down the seam and Hill deep, that goes without saying. But if we go in there and don't turn the ball over, I'm feeling like we will be able to move the ball and have a chance to come out of there on top.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

i think you may be slightly backwards. Not sure their passing game scares us but that our secondary still scares us. Despite only 10 pts and some really good plays at the right time, sedan still had another 300 yard day and Thomas and sanders both reached 100. Kielce, hill and Maclin are a good group. Also concerned about ware in the screen game.

9. HurrayTitans!

i think you may be slightly backwards. Not sure their passing game scares us but that our secondary still scares us. Despite only 10 pts and some really good plays at the right time, sedan still had another 300 yard day and Thomas and sanders both reached 100. Kielce, hill and Maclin are a good group. Also concerned about ware in the screen game.

10. HurrayTitans!

This is fun. Just in case you miss something just read it twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar