Pre-Game Thread Next Up: Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2016.

?
  1. Titans by 1-3

4.3%
  2. Titans by 4-6

8.7%
  3. Titans by 7-9

13.0%
  4. Titans by 10-13

13.0%
  5. Titans by 14+

17.4%
  6. Texans by 1-3

13.0%
  7. Texans by 4-6

13.0%
  8. Texans by 7-9

4.3%
  9. Texans by 10-13

4.3%
  10. Texans by 14+

8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Miller and Clowney not playing this week.

Texans trying to get us lower in the draft.

BRING BACK METT!

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

8-8 is a successful season. Beating the 2nd string Texans does nothing but what @TitanJeff said.
    I doubt a win helps the players confidence over the off season, hopefully they are professional enough to move past another division loss before September 2017. Maybe a loss will make them get their heads out of their asses for next year. And realize it's not going to cut it.
    What are they going to say...Hey we lost to the Colts twice, choked in the big game and split with the last place Jags and split with the Texans, the win being Week 17 against Savage and their 2nd stringers? Ok

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

We could use his "help" but cassel may come through with similar results.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

We don't always lose my friends, but when we do..It's with Mett

DE_c0-27-655-408_s885x516.jpg

5. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

We'll start Tanney then. He through some real doozy's in preseason.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-...but-the-standings-still-trump-the-draft-order

I agree with PK most of the time. On this, I don't.

Why does finishing ahead of the Colts somehow overshadow going 0-2 against them this season? How does beating a Texans team resting key players somehow sugarcoat the recent losses?

You want to pump your chest a bit, you focus on the quality wins the team had this season. This team is clearly headed in the right direction. A win or loss on Sunday doesn't change that.

What it does change is where the Titans will draft. A loss gives a shot for pick #12. A win means as high at #20.

For a guy as hot as Trader Jon, I want him to have as many options as possible.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

At the risk of being told I have a loser mentality. I agree with you and Fry and your take entirely.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree as well

@GoT thoughts?

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Cassell is not beating anybody and we should want to lose big difference in picking 12 vs 20 not only in the first round but the rest of the draft. We need for the rams to lose and jets to beat the bills and push those 2 fisher gifts into the top 5 in rounds 1 and 3

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Yeah, I know realistically it doesnt mean much, but it would make me feel better. I would also think in terms of player mentality they would prefer to finish 9-7 instead of 8-8.

Do you know where I can get club level seats real cheap? I know that level will be half full but ticket prices are still running around 50. I cant spend alot of money since we are going to disney next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar