Pre-Game Thread Next Up: Jaguars @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

That was NOT a slant....lol. He went to the right and then juked the guy and lost him going back to the left. When I say slant I mean heading immediately to the center of the field in front of the linebackers.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

A slant does not have to be right off the ball in front of the LB. A lot of quick slants are but you can run a 5.10, or whatever yard slant. 90% of slants are set up by faking outside then cutting in which is exactly what Walker did.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

If they would run typical posts, they (the receivers) would meet at the center of field…A thin (skinny) post makes (if two safeties) them choose to cover the post or the outside receivers, whom I would run on streaks..If one safety, then the safety has to choose which receiver to cover…Usually by reading the quarterback.

The inside receivers will be guarded by outside linebackers or a strong safety..It is up for the quarterback to make the safety go where he wants and then throw to the other inside receiver.

Walker being a TE (inside receiver) was guarded by the linebacker, whom he set up and used.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Does anyone have an extra ticket to this game? I would love to go, because night games are awesome.

Can somebody help out a fellow die-hard Titan fan?

6. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Are you serious ? I don't need a dictionary on what the guy ran. I saw it as a slant . You wanna say post , skinny post, or whatever based on the specific defense and what Mariota saw , knock yourself out. I'm not here to get god damn technical on how the guy scored .

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Didn't happen to Luck, but I hope Bortles gets ripped in half.

8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You started by correcting me. But yeah, it matters not. Semantics.

9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Not sure if anyone else feels the same or if they are always excited to see the Titans on national tv in general, but that loss last week took away a lot of the luster for me.

Imagine if they would have finally taken care of the Colts for once - this was their best chance since I don't know when ... and to fall flat meh

I mean is anyone really jumping for joy Thurs night to see Titans / Jags? Ugh would have been so much better if we were coming into this with a win. Maybe my mood will change when the game actually gets here but for now, meh

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

What if we had beaten the Colts and gotten all giddy about the playoffs and lose to the Jags. You would really feel bad.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar