New Titans GM Says Pacman May Not be on '07 Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pro pacman racism..

I can't speak for anyone else so i'll speak for myself. I would be offended if someone said that it was normal for somebody of my color from my neighborhood to be rude, insensitive and at times violent.

The ghetto antics statement from titansfan9's moronic diatribe looked like something from the klan's handbook. How would a klansman look at this incident? Would he say that inner city blacks would be expected to act that way? So did titanfan9 and some others.

I see inner city america as a place where a violent few ruin it for the vast majority of people who are not violent. Am i wrong? Is it considered normal to be a violent anti-social sociopath if you hail from the inner city? Spit on women, pick fights, just normal behaivor you would expect from any brotha from the hood? I don't think so and the vast majority of nfl players don't act that way even though half of them came from similar backgrounds.

Jevon kearse came from as bad an enviroment as anyone. Does he conduct himself that way?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So PacMan did not bite a security guard. Did not punch a stripper. Did not do anything against the law.

Awesome.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:ha:

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Isn't that what the article said earlier? That's what I got from it, and if so we can move on. The entire thing sounded extremely unrealistic, and now seems as if it was just crazy talk.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There's a first.

Just because a handful actually 'survive' the 'bad environment' doesn't mean everyone does.
    How many from 'bad environments' are homeless, in jail, doing/selling drugs, murderers, rapists etc?

Do you think everyone from a 'good environment' have their nose clean through-out their life?

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I forgot nothing. The situations could get much worse is my point, and that's why people are ignorant to think that people claimoring for his release are crazy. This won't be the last time something happens with Jones, unless somebody intervenes on some level.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

You make a good arguement from someone speaking from outside the situation many poor blacks have to deal with on a daily basis. People who have lived it (as I have) will tell you that the experience is very similar for mant people in the ghetto, except how they react to their environment varies. No, most people in the inner city aren't what criminologists would label criminal sociopathic behavior, but that doesn't mean the environment itself isn't chaotic and violent. It's built on this. The concept is extremely complex, and you should be intelligent enough to know this Roll.

I feel it a detriment that people EXCUSE Jones' stupidity because he did come from such a terrible environment. It does explain his behavior to a degree, but this guy isn't smart. I find it insulting that people say "it's a ghetto thing" to explain why he does stupid things; the majority of those in poverty are more intelligent than any of you probably will give credit for. However, the life in the inner city is what it is too many, and it's what they know. Jones isn't stupid for hanging with the wrong people necissarily. He's stupid for not making a single change in his life, not dissociating from those who would get him in bad trouble. That's where he needs to be judged.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Kami, that's exactly right. Being from a bad environment isn't a built-in excuse for anyone, especially Jones. You make your bed, you sleep in it. As the NFL is talking this week; it doesn't just so happen that the same player is in the wrong place wrong time 3 or 4 times, this is a serious problem. I would be insulted if I was another NFL player, Marshall Faulk and Warrick Dunn grew up under the worst of circumstances and they are good people, they understand the difference between right and wrong, something being dismissed so easily because people think since they are Black and had a tough upbringing they don't have to confer to rules.

The thing now, it's not just Jones' personal life, it is about the Tennessee Titans as a Business. How would you feel if it were your company and you were constantly getting negative press, and threatening to ruin what you have worked so hard and diligently toward? I would feel terrible, I as a business owner, you have to seek options to eliminate the problem, at any level. Again, you have to look at the options, do you want to be known as the Cincinatti Criminals, or a model franchise in the community that can also win Championships like New England or the San Antonio Spurs. It can be done, but decisions have to be made, on which way you want to be represented. It will come to a point where the Titans as an organization don't feel that winning is more important than having a true value system in which their players constantly go above and beyond the limits of the law because they think they can. The straw will break the camel's back soon enough.

I wish this wasn't the case, but Jones will be made an example of. He is an excellent player with exceptional ability, but he is not a good decision-maker, and for this he will not be a Titan much longer(whether it's this year or 3 years from now). We will miss his ability on the football field but not the headaches off of it. Hopefully he will undergo a change like Irving Fryar and some other notables.

One more thing, Michael "The Coke Machine" Irvin was not a role model, and was a terrible person off the field, I would not want that as the face of my organization. My aunt was the Prosecuting District Attorney who sent him packing in that black mink after he was caught with and distributing Coke for the 5th time in 3 years in Dallas. Deion Sanders however, was never a bad person, never got into any trouble with the law of any kind, just was guilty of a terrible suit on draft day and comic S-Curl. He was just a Showman and flambouyant but respectful, something his wannabe's like D'Angelo Hall and Pacman could learn alot from.

9. Not yet, the week isn't over with yet

Hey, if you can deal with it, then so be it. But I do support the titans with purchasing tickets occasionally and buying the high priced merchandise, so yea, I can be sensitive about this.

10. I don't believe I posted anywhere he WASN'T our best CB. I said he was good, not great. you want great... Asante Samuel. 5 int difference is big in this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar