New Titans GM Says Pacman May Not be on '07 Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think that is a perfect example of what happens when a young man without a proper up-bringing does when he gets his hands on a lot of money and he doesnt know how to handle it.

some people learn how to handle it, some dont.

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

No, that could range from attempted murder to reckless endangerment.

The only spin is coming from the "he didn't do anything wrong" camp.

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

thank you for clarifying this, I wasn't saying it is okay for him to do what he does, but because of his environment growing up and how you had to protect and carry yourself its going to be hard for him to change in two years the way many people want him too, oh yes, some of the stuff he does he shouldn't do because a lot of it is stupid, but I think a huge reason many people don't like him is because he isn't what they see everyday, they view him as a "thug"- and please, as a child I used to live in the "projects"- I have no idea what would be in the klan book or whatever because if I got close too one it probably wouldn't mean to good for me...

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't let facts get in the way of judgment.

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I don't think that the idea or spin is that he "didn't do anything wrong", just that no one here knows the full story and facts yet.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Titansfan9..

Talk about missing a point, hello?

Pacman jones spent 3 years of his adulthood at college? 60% of his life since high school was at morgantown. Why are you stupidly writing like he went straight from hood to titan?

Pay attention! He did well in college, he wasn't this bad then. It was after he received that signing bonus that his problems started.

What is more is that he didn't grow up in the inner city. Not literally.
    College park georgia is actually a suburb of atlanta. While it is predominantly black and no doubt has many problems it is NOT the same as inner city atlanta.
    The murder rate in college park is half what it is in atlanta as a whole and college park is part of the fulton county school district not the atlanta school district.

This guy wasn't born in a shooting gallery, he went to college and while there got good grades, was a good sudent and team mate.

7. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

speaking as someone who attended WVU......I would just like to point out its not the pristine environment everyone expects it to be for atheletes just because it is in WV......WVU is much more similar to the ohio st campus than any of the other schools in WV.....I.E., the atheletes get more freedom there......and I will leave it up to the reader to define what I mean by freedom.

8. You are right Gunny, if a guy intercepts 10 passes in a season he is not the best corner, the best corner is the one that the QB does not want to throw to, you can intercept 6 passes off a deflection when you got burned by the WR and you are not the best cover guy in the league.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

What did PacMan have, like 6 pics, and he sure wasnt thrown to alot in the season, xcept for the game where Eli and the offensive coordinator missed the memo to look the other way

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sirjesse...

Like ohio state? That's in a big city. WVU is not. And pristine or slightly less than it doesn't matter it is not some hell hole with a murder every day. They often don't have a murder in a year. In any event pacman did well there, stayed out of trouble for the most part and got good grades..

Columbus ohio is bigger than nashville or memphis!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar