New Titans fan here

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vince10, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Caphorn-

Haha, Alabama? If they're gonna call them the "Crimson Tide", their mascot should be something other than an elephant, imho... I suggest changing their war-cry to "Hey! Kool-Aide!"

I gotta say that I'm pretty happy with the VY pick by the Titans, though. I was pulling for him in the draft, even if he DID have horns instead of tusks :))

2. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

I'm not here to defend Bama. Isn't it still the case that Fat Fulmer can't travel to the State of Alabama without being arrested?

3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Haha! Regarding Fulmer, I've heard rumors to that effect...

4. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

I am going to be a Titans fan because my favorite football player of all time now plays for them. And, I don't give a rats *** what you think about it! I'm sure most Tenn fans will treat us Longhorn fans turned Titan fans with respect...or at least with tolerance.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so when he plays for another team you're going to follow him and become a fan of that team? Then your not a Titans fan, your an individual player fan:sad2:

6. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

You really can be slow on the take Ewker.

7. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

No doubt much of it comes from Vince, but I had a fondness for the Titans anyway since I used to be somewhat of an Oilers fan. I've been upset with Bud Adams in the past, but he has redeemed himself by picking Vince. I was pissed when the Titans lost the SB to the Rams.

Plus, I loved Ricky Williams, but I never became a Saints or Dolphins fan. I don't root for Chicago or Detroit just because they have Cedric or Roy Williams.

Will I still be a Titans fan when Vince is gone? Probably, but certainly not to the extent I will be when he's there. But I would still root for the Titans over pretty much any NFL team except the Cowboys and Patriots (I have lived in Austin and Boston my whole life, so those will always be my favorites).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar