New Titans fan here

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vince10, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Well I'll try answer a few of your questions since I see 6 posts and none that actually answer any of your questions. A few of the "good" players would be Keith bulluck (great LB), Albert Haynesworth (Dline) injured kind of often though, Drew Bennett (pretty decent WR) and until the past year or 2 our main man has been Steve McNair (QB) although his time with the Titans may be about over with. The Problems were that we were the youngest team in the League after having to let several of our veterans and key players go last year due to salary cap hell. We drafted this supposed shut down CB, Adam (pacman) Jones who had turned out to be more trouble than anything else. He has potential but I think arrogance and ignorance combined with his thug attitude will be his undoing before he has a chance to do much with the Titans if not in the league.

Hope this helps a bit and I'm sure the rest of the guys will fill in what I left out.

2. i live in Houston, i also, watched Vince in high school.

I went to Texas and always catch a few games in Austin, BUT other than the game in Dallas against Oklahoma i rarely travelled, that was until Vince Young.

I went to the game in Columbus, Ohio, went to the last 2 rose bowls and believe it or not I will start going to some Titans home games. So, some future posts will be about local accomodations. i already will be at reliant stadium on Dec. 10th when the Titans visit Houston and i will be in Titan Gear.

Houstonians really love this hometown hero, one restaurant here had on the marquee yesterday

"Never Thought I'd root for Bud Adams Again, GO VY!"

today it read.....

"I love Bud Adams again. Go V Young!"

i took these picture at the last game of the season for the Texans in a half empty stadium...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some of us here really wanted Vince to remain in Houston, but without a doubt the next best thing were the Titans.

by the way, Vince is an awesome guy. brings a team together, so.....

he might help out pacman Jones straighten out. believe it or not.

3. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Let's not forget our newcomers: FS Chris Hope, OLB Dave Thornton, C Kevin Mawae (formerly Probowler Kevin Mawae of the NY Jets), and of course, one David Givens (formerly of the World Champion NE Pats)...Good, solid guys.

There's also one other player you should know about, but I'll leave it to Gunny to induct you into the fold properly.

All I can say is expect a flyer in the mail. And Gunny does NOT jump on couches.

4. Luke

Luke Camp Fodder

Welcome to the Titans

FYI, CB Pacman Jones, FS Lamont Thompson, RB Chris Brown, and defensive coordinator Jim Scwartz are fan favorites.

But seriously, OLB Keith Bulluck and DE Kyle Vanden Bosch are our only Pro Bowl caliber players right now. We're hoping the new free agents, David Givens (Pats) - Chris Hope (Steelers) - Keven Mawae (Jets) - David Thorton (Colts), can combine with all the young talent on this team to win some games this year. Pacman, TE Ben Troupe, CB Reynaldo Hill, DT Albert Haynesworth, DE Travis LaBoy, LT Michael Roos all have talent but it hasn't came together the past few years.

Also, the Titans were the youngest team in the NFL last year, might be close again this year if Mac is realeased.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Actually Gunny's just the most vain and insecure
    (it stems from small p*nis syndrome ya know)
    :ha:

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

that vince young texan's jersey is priceless :bs:

7. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

I remember many of these guys from college, particularly Chris Brown and Kyle Vanden Bosch. Brown is a load, but he doesnt have White's athleticism. It'll be fun to follow the team, especially when Vince starts playing.

More info on Vince: a great thing about him is how accurate a passer he is when he is scrambling, and he does not have to break stride. Also, disregard people you talk to that claim he'll have balls batted down at the LOS because of his throwing motion. He never had issues with that in college. He has a quick release, and linemen dont want to have their hands in the air when Vince decides to take off running. It's a non-issue. Hmmm, what else. Oh, we do not run a "one-read" offense. Those who think so are just parroting Merrill Hodge. I dont like Texas's offensive coordinator one bit, but thats a load of crap. We have check-downs just like the pros do. Also, the play they keep showing on ESPN, IIRC, comes right before Vince burns the blitz by throwing a beautiful fade to the endzone for a TD. Naturally that play is not shown.

Vince gets into a rhythm throwing. He is the kind of guy who'll rip off 10 consecutive completions. Sometimes he is a slow starter, but once he gets in a groove, he rarely comes out of it. The Ohio State game was an exception to that rule, but he was able to get back into it when the all the chips were on the table.

Hmmm, what else... Our coaches held him back this year in the running game. He was instructed not to run very much in most of our games. It was precautionary, and they wanted him to work on his passing. Besides, we were beating teams by 50 in the 3rd quarter.

Anyway, I guess it is obvious I am sold on him as a player.

8. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Welcome Vince10!! I am a relative newcomer to this site but a long time Titans fan. As you read through the posts at this site (including a few of mine) you will notice that we Titan fans are going through many of the growing pains that NFL fans in other towns have had to get used to in the past.

9. man u should jump on the vince bandwagon, ive been a texas fan for a while and he got me so excited by his play this year, and i think it is great what he did for thos kids at the elementary school this year, it really shows what a great guy he is, but i knew from the moment we won the rose bowl that he was going to be a titan, and it came true and now i get to laugh at all of my friends who didnt believe me, and weve had a few of us be VY supporters for a long time and if u want to just put the pic in my sig in urs and u can be a part of it

PS. someone on this board mentioned that they were going to get a custom #10 vince jersey so whoever said that u have one before anyone else u lucky guy lol

10. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I did forget about KVB, shame on me, but as for the others they are still new and haven't played a game for the Titans yet, so I don't really consider them star players for the Titans just yet, but very hopeful. Also, I don't have a lot of posts here, I usually don't post since the others cover it all pretty well, but I cruise through here almost everyday and check to see what's going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar