New signings contract info

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

TE Alge Crumpler
    TE Alge Crumpler signed a two-year deal worth $5 million with a $1 million signing bonus. He will earn base salaries of $1.2 million in 2008 and $2 million in 2009.

WR Justin Gage
    WR Justin Gage signed a four-year contract worth $14 million with $6.5 million in guarantees, including signing and roster bonuses. He will earn base salaries of $1 million (2008), $2 million (2009), $1.5 million (2010) and $3.5 million (2011).

DE Jevon Kearse
    DE Jevon Kearse signed a two-year deal worth $6 million with a $1.3 signing bonus. The deal includes base salaries of $1.7 million in 2008 and $2.5 million in 2009.

OG Jake Scott
    2008 - $ 1 M base + $ 2 M roster bonus + $ 4 M signing bonus (prorated to $ 1 M/year) = $ 4 M cap number
    2009 - $ 3.5 M base + $ 1 M prorated SB = $ 4.5 M cap number
    2010 - $ 4 M base + $ 1 M prorated SB = $ 5 M cap number
    2011 - $ 4.7 M base + $ 1 M prorated SB = $ 5.7 M cap number

WR Justin McCareins
    McCareins' deal is for one year, and it includes a base salary of $730,000. The total package is believed to be worth around $1 million

fwiw

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

those are great contracts considering there current talend

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

..considering current market trends

4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

considering we barely spent any money on kearse or crumpler. lol

5. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

this is exactly why im tired of everyone always trying to run MR outta town... he is a smart man who is signing good, talented players for hardly any money.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they're hardly any money for a reason.

we're taking a chance on kearse, hoping he can stay healthy enough to be an effective pass rusher without having to take the pounding of being an every down DE.

we're taking a chance on crumpler hoping his knees can hold up.

i have no problem with either signing and if they both workout i could see us trying to get something a little more long-term with them at the end of those two years, but there are big risks with both of them.

7. Outlaw

Outlaw Guest

I like these signings, I believe they will help the team. I would, however like to see more current players inking some deals.

I know people give kickers a lot of **** but the Titans need to sign Bironas!

#90 Camp Fodder

Big risks with both of them? Doesn't risk = reward? We aren't paying them anything. We paid Kelly Herndon more last year.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

like i said, i have no problem with either signing, but they came cheap for a reason.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That Crumpler deal still amazes me. I wish we could've had one more year on it for that low price.

All these deals were great, hard to argue against any of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar