New Sheriff in town.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

There's a new Sheriff in town, what are we going to do with McNair? One year, two years, outta' here?

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

im not too worried about mcnair i kno we wont release/trade him.. now that we have vince he will rework his contract

3. One year, perhaps two if he goes for a lot less money

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Heck, as long as we can afford it, keep him just this year. Don't extend the cap hit to next year, then we can come out swinging with Vince at the helm!

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

ESPN is predicting that McNair will be released within 24 to 48 hours!!!!
    He will sign with the Ravens and that the Titans could sign Collins as his replacement.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hope not.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Yeah that would suck. From listening to Fisher on NFL network today the Titans are not going to push Vince Young to start before he's ready. I'd be very open to extending McNair to a three year deal for $5M year. Especially considering the amount of cap room we'll have open up next year.

I don't think Young is a starter until late 07.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

By the way, who on ESPN is saying this?

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

It was the "never wrong" Mortenson...

He also said that McNair had "all but told the Titans he was not interested in being a mentor".

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Again, I can't see that happening. If anything, I think this makes it MORE of a possibility that he stays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar