New iMac's coming soon!

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Puck, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Bummer...I'll be stuck with this one (17" 2005 G5) for quite some time. Not that it's a problem or anything...

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ why's that avvie ?
    you always seem like a trendsetter to me

me ? I'd like this to be in line with the release of leopard
    and closer to my birthday in mid November would be sweet

but if some of the things I've read are true ..... I'm in there like swimwear !

what I've read :
    It'll hold up to 4GB of ram, 2 hard drives, and 2 optical drives. The video card, hard drive, ram, and optical drives will be easily user-upgradeable. The standard video card across all models (except for the low end), will be the GeForce 8600GT
    some form of BluRay (writer please)
    and an Aiport Extreme N (internal)

dreamy

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This has totally screwed around with me.

I ordered three 20" iMacs for the college nearly three weeks ago. I was told a one-week turnaround. I have to load software on them and have them ready as they are used by the instructors once class begins Aug 16.

Since I didn't have them in the alloted time, I contacted Apple and my rep says he can't say the Aug 7 thing is about the iMac but, if it is, it could keep my shipment from going out for another two weeks or more. This is assuming that I get the new one for the same price as the one I ordered.

Of course, Apple is apologizing for the delay but I can't be the only one in education needing to have iMacs up and running by mid-August. For a company as buttoned up as Apple usually is, this is poor timing to roll out a new product.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Ha! Not hardly. I let the pioneers take all the arrows. I'm usually at least 5 years behind the cutting edge....which doesn't seem like very long any more. The last iMac was the exception.

But in this case, my life has been through some drastic changes in the last year or so, and not all of them good, so I won't be in the market for new tech for a long time. I think.

Also, I have to remember to be honest with myself: Do I need an upgrade? No.
    Do I use what I have already? No.
    Can I justify the expense in any way? No.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

true .. so very true
    and considering it's TAX_FREE week here in TN, it's been nice to have gotten them in last week.
    but, in hindsight, I wasn't expecting to see any new iMacs until October when Leopard is released .... to me that's the time to do it

look at the bright side .... this may only be an announcement - not a ship
    I can see Jobs "announcing" that new iMacs are close to mass productions
    -that iLife '08 is finally gold master (which it is)
    -hey, maybe they got Leopard done early

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, it's about time they released a crappy ipod that happens to be smaller, only to release a new one after that a month before christmas.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

from what I've seen and read there is a new iPod Nano Video (it's actuallly called something else) and a redesign of the iPodVideo that loses about 3 inches off the bottom of it's "gut"
    which leaves it with hardly anything but the screen and the circle

and there's rumore that it's this thing - FULL TOUCH SCREEN iPod !!
    [​IMG]

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I like those keys. If they are Mac Pro compatible I may have to get em...

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Now the pictures you showed are just speculation on the iMacs, correct? Nothing official has been released....

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

those are production keyboards. they should work with anything
    it's hard to tell, but those keyboards are as thin as a standard usb plug

here's a gallery
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/27/is-this-the-new-imac-keyboard/
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar