New Film "Moon" has a Titans homage.

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by dbc5631, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Just watched this movie "Moon" last night about an astronaut that has been manning a space station on the moon for 3 years. With just 3 weeks left things get a little haywire.
    At the very beginning of the film the actor was remarking to people back on Earth about watching a football game that "almost seemed in real time". A bit later you can see a Tennessee Titans poster on the wall above his bed.
    So I was eager to find out if it was just random or planned. I seen on IMDB that the Writer/Director is Duncan Jones and he's British. Then I see that he's David Bowie's son! Still, nothing added up. Finally i found an interview that said he went to graduate school at Vanderbilt and this is what he said when asked about the Titans poster.
    "“When I was at Vanderbilt, the stadium was in the process of being built, so I missed the Titans actually playing in Nashville,” Jones said. “So for me there was always something slightly futuristic about the idea of the Tennessee Titans. That was my little homage to Nashville.”
    The whole article is here. http://sitemason.vanderbilt.edu/news/campusnews/2009/07/31/shoot-for-the-moon.85641
    I recommend supporting this guy by seeing this film. I loved it. It's got an 8.1/10 on IMDB and has won 10 Film Festival Awards. It stars Sam Rockwell and Kevin Spacy.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Nice find dude.

Thanks for sharing.:yes:

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Awesome find dude. I've been stoked to see this movie for months.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Yeah, I meant to post about this last week, but the site crashed for a day and I forgot about it. Great movie, made even better by the Titans poster.:)

5. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I just wanted to add my voice to those that enjoyed this film. It's a great little piece of sci-fi storytelling. Sam Rockwell is flat out awesome in this role. I loved the Titans shout-out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar