New Draft Predictions!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by THE53, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

We need more than 2 TE on the roster. Kinney is going no where right now.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We have 4 on the roster now, trading Kinney will make it 3.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't see why we would want to trade Volek. He's a good backup qb that is familiar with Chow's system. Given McNair's injury history and the good possibility that he won't be back next season, why would we want to ditch him now ?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thats why we draft a QB, have him learn, play sparingly and we will have Mauck or another vet back up anyway for cheaper.

I'd rather trade Volek, get our 3rd back if possible and then sign a cheap vet Free Agent or use Mauck.

5. titan west

titan west Guest

It'll really shake things up if NO drafts a QB. Bree's contract is SB 10mil and an option of 12mil in the 2nd year. making it a one year audition.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Volek is worth more than a 3rd round pick to our team. There is no guarantee that McNair doesn't get hurt in week 1 (or preseason for that matter). We definately don't want a rookie out there that quickly, especially now that we have a roster that might be able to get into the playoffs.

If you want to sign a cheap FA qb, you will get what you pay for. What player that will be available in the 3rd round would you want to give Volek up for anyways ??

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

And please don't tell me that Mauck can step in. Just please don't.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I dont think Volek or Mauck can do anything better then McNair, if McNair is gone the season is gone IMO.

9. smili

smili Starter

Re: Trading TE

I'd rather trade Troupe than Kinney if it's an option on the table and if they feel they can't carry 4 TE for another year. Kinney is a true TE. Troupe is more of a wideout and we just added a good one in Givens. I expect more good things out of Roydell and Roby this year too. Not sure I expect much from Calico though.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Guys, Culpepper just got traded for a 2nd rounder. Thinking we'll get a 3rd rounder for Volek or a "2nd or 3rd" for Kinney is crazy.

Neither of these guys are worth anything more than a 5 right now. And they're both probably worth more to the Titans than they would get on the market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar