New Contract for Fisher Remains Priority

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans chief operating officer Steve Underwood said a long-term contract extension for Coach Jeff Fisher remains a priority. "We have conversations with Jeff about it from time to time and we expect to have a favorable resolution," Underwood said. Since the deal is taking longer than expected, the Titans exercised the one-year option on Fisher's contract at the end of last season. Fisher is the NFL's longest-tenured coach with one team. He has spent 12 full seasons with the Titans, a tenure that started with six games in 1994 coaching the then-Houston Oilers with a 110-97 record.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Great. An article like that makes me think it is a good thing, then it has Fisher admitting that KFC is the #2 QB no matter how much better Rattay is than him.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, I'm glad they are at least still mentioning it. I'd love to see it get worked out before camp.

Yeah, I was surprised that we seem to be locked in to KC at backup. Maybe it's a pay scale issue, and they're paying Rattay much less than KC.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What an idiot..

Won't even give rattay a chance to compete for the #2? Even after the way collins played last year? Yet another reason why fisher is not an elite coach.

Rattay isn't some kid who needs a year holding a clipboard he is a 30 year old vet who could be one of the best backup QBs in the league.

Note that one of the principle themes we have been hearing about this off season is competition.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'd be surprised if Fisher wants to sign before the end of this season. If I'm a coach coming off a rough 3 year stretch that I felt was caused by my GM, and I had a young team that I believed was finally turning the corner - I'd want to let the season play out in hopes of getting more money. If the Titans can pick up where they left off last season, Fisher's stock rises considerably. He can essentially sit back and say that he rebuilt this franchise. I'd like to see him locked up ASAP, though... he's too well-regarded around the league, and he'll get some very good offers from other teams.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

even after he has tried his damnedest to sabotage this team?

:sarcasm:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So much for nfl intellect..

Tim rattay has completed 60% of his career passes with 28tds and 20ints. His career passing rating is almost the same as steve mcnair. His career has unfolded like many QBs drafted late or not at all who never get a real chance. Look at delomne, warner, green and gannon. There has never been a season when rattay has sucked and the one year he started a decent number of games he didn't play bad at all.

No i'm not suggesting that rattay will be trent green or rich gannon but he can be a real first rate backup but because he was a 7th rd pick nobody takes him seriously and fat over paid losers like kerry collins get to play instead. What has collins done of late that rattay couldn't?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It looks to me that Rattay will be the #2 in '08 and beyond. But, heaven forbid, Young is injured for more than a game, don't kid yourself Fisher won't go with Rattay if he thinks he gives the Titans a better chance to win.

Fisher is loyal but I don't think he's stupid.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And THIS is why Fisher doesn't already have a contract. Wtf is wrong with this guy? His favortism will be/still be the death of this team.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

im glad fisher will be with the titans for the remainder of his career it looks like...now we can focus on improving the team, enough with the coaching staff, o wait i forgot.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar