Need another QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

They call him Turn Over Tommy for a reason.:lol:

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We already have Drew Bennet for an emegency. I think we are set. We only need two.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...if Bennet is the QB then we've lost 2 players...our starting QB AND our #2 WR. Not a good idea.

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I think it's safe to say I would take Fiedler OR Collins in a heartbeat over MaddoXFL. The guy crumbles under pressure and as SEC pointed out, under forearms.

I live in Oakland so I watched last year as Collins did the better part of nothing with an army of weapons around him. Unacceptable. Bye,bye Collins... Hello... Aaron Brooks? The point is Collins is at his best when you don't NEED him. Does that make him worth the money we'd pay him?

I agree with GUT that we could get Fiedler for a song and he could be a long term O'donnel type backup for us. The guy had a 113.3 passer rating last year! Sure it was only in 1 1/2 games but hey, it's somethin'.:brow:

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

J.T. O'Sullivan , Seneca Wallace , Jay Feidler... if its not any of thoes then forget it. im fine with what we got now.. Billy will be fine and if he gets hurt o well then Vince gets his chance early.. and idk who said it but Bennett is always avalible lol i dont think we gotta worry about Volek tho i think hes gonna do fine. he has all that young talent around him .. Troupe , Givens , Brandon Jones , Roydell Williams , Roby , ??Calico?? i do remeber a time 2 years ago when he and bennett were Lighting it up big time and i dont see that changing anytime soon now that the pressure is off bennett being the number one guy. i really like our chances this year with mr volek.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Let's not forget another out-of-postion X-quarterback on our roster, Marcus Randall. I'm not sure which one would make the best QB but I'd lean towards Randall.

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

We only need two??? What the heck, name a NFL team carries just two QB's and you pretty much missed the point, Billy will want to be gone if he has any kind of year at all, which leaves just VY, assuming of course that Mauck is a goner.

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Well we'll find out what the team is doing soon. I heard the meeting is set for tommorow(Monday) to decide the whether to bring in another quarterback. Expect an announcement in the next couple days.

9. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Collins would be a welcome band-aid for a year as compared to Fiedler or Maddox, imo.

Collins can sling it, & played in a Super Bowl not all that long ago. As did another guy who played in that very same one ... Trent Dilfer. I know ... yikes

I think the Brownies cut him a while back, dint they?

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Actually, we only had two on the roster at the start of last season. We activated Mauck later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar