NBA Preview

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Playmaker, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Mo Williams is a good scoring guard. So he can light it up.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Lakers Celtics rematch seems likely..

I'm excited to see what JaVale McGee can do in a real game for the wizards, the dudes wingspan is freakishly big.

Butlers going to have to take his game to MVP level if the Zards are going to have any shot.

3. The Playmaker

Think we should start a fantasy basketball league?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Dallas goes down, but I thought they played well. Dirk looked especially strong. Still lacked the post up game he's been trying to develop, had a couple of up and unders on Hayes though. But no imprint on the game. Josh Howard is much improved. Rockets looked strong last night. McGrady was a shell of his former self, but it doesn't appear to matter. Yao an Artest impacted the game. Good overall game, but Dallas didn't know where to go when it counted.

5. The Playmaker

How bout them Grizz?! Almost beat a top 5 team in their first game at Houston then beat probaly the 3rd best team in the east tonight in the Magic. Future is looking bright.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Marc Gasol was a real find. He looks very serviceable. Played well against an All Star in Yao and an All Star in Howard. I think most of the country thought he would not be very good at all. But he has stepped right in. So has Mayo. Who is living up to the name hype in a big way. He seems happy too, which is a big thing. You want guys who are happy to be there. Conley and Arthur are also playing well. I think they are worth watching. Great start for the Grizzlies.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Playmaker

Yeah Gasol has played well against 2 all-stars. I haven't seen Crittenton yet this year. He was a G from GT a couple years back. Arthur has 25 rebounds in his first 2 games, amazing for back up PF. Lowry has kind of out played Conley so far. Lowry was a 1st round pick a few years back. Rudy Gay is probaly going to be around 25 ppg this season. Mayo has looked good but he's taken some crazy shots though. I hate Darko Millic, he sucks. We'll probaly trade him and Crittenton for a 3 point shooter.

8. chattfan1

chattfan1 MVP

Michael Beasley, rookie of the year

9. The Playmaker

I have no idea whose ROY yet.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

I think Derrick Rose will get ROY. He's already posting quality numbers and getting starter minutes. But the top 7 picks in the draft are all going be good this year. Beasley is already good, but I don't think he can match Rose statistically. The Heat have a lot of scorers already with Marion and Wade. So if Beasley is going to get 20-10 he'll have to take it. I think he'll be good for 15-8. Westbrook is getting good minutes and scoring too despite an early time share. By the end of the year he'll be the starter. OJ mayo is putting up numbers early so he will be in the running as he develops. Should be a big season for him. Kevin Love had a great first game despite a crappy preseason. He and Gasol will be around 10-8. Gallinari is lucky he even made the team, but he did talk his way onto the roster, so he will get some looks. Eric Gordon should get some touches once the Clippers get to 0-10. He has a good pre-season too. real good. So he's going to be right in the mix. This rookie crop is getting big minutes. I fully expect Donte Greene to enter the mix too once he gets some playing time. That kid can score. So I think the competition is stiffer than ever. I still like Rose though because he already looks like the best Bull on the court. I mean last night the Bulls were atrocious, and Rose still had a good game with 18-4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar