NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by bulluck4dMVP, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Even though they almost blew the 20 pt lead... yeah, never saw that coming and it was a fairly dominant performance.

I'd love for the Lakers to get another crack at Boston, but never saw them sniffing the Finals.

Related: Dwight Howard has to be the 2nd most overrated player in the NBA. The guy either dominates with his size or just plain sucks. He's got maybe 1 post move. That's it. And it consists of back-up back-up - odd hook/layup.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Orlando = Seattle with Kemp and Payton

Superior Athletic talent. But as was mentioned, Orlando has no go to moves which are required to win a title. The Jazz had a similar problem. I don't believe it can be overcome because there has never even been a hint of a post move yet, and I think you at least need a foundation to build some post moves on. And Dwight Howard does not appear to have that foundation. Shaq and Hakeem always had something to build on and you could see how easy the game got for them once they had a variety of moves to rely on.

Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen both have a game they can go to, and Paul Pierce does to. I think the Celtics are just going to be the better team. I could see Orlando making the finals at some point, but never winning it. Celtics 4-2.

The Lakers are the team to beat again. Kobe is just too much. And this championship elevates Kobe into the Jordan discussion. One more after this, and the talk begins. I think the Celtics can give him a run for his money if KG and Allen play at the top of their game. So I look forward to a Celtics and Lakers final.

I'm rooting for Nash to shove Phil Jacksons comments up his... I would love to seen a Sun goon take out Phil and heat this series up. Likely not to happen. But I can dream. Nash is talented enough, like Stockton, to take over a game. But he continues to make the stockton mistake, not doing it. Amare is Karl Malone redux. Just like Dwight Howard, Shawn Kemp, no moves. So Nash has to be the man to take over to get past Kobe. Think it's possible, unless Kobe decides he has to guard Nash, then Nash will get shut down. I think this will be an interesting series if Nash decides to score. But not going to happen.

Lakers 4-3.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not that surprised LeBron is home today, but Orlando is going home too. They looked awful in game-1. If they keep that play going, Boston will be sitting pretty waiting for the Lakers.

And btw; LeBron is leaving Cleveland. He took that shorter 2nd contract so this could happen. I know the Cavs are in a good place since they're the ones who can offer the most money, but leaving to win a title will generate more money down the road. And going to the Knicks or Bulls is unlikely because of the added pressure that comes with those teams. However those seem to be the only 2 teams besides the Clippers he'd wanna go play for. And being that Kobe runs L.A., IDK if he'll be there. Very small chance he stays put in Cleveland. But enough of LeBron, he's home so now lets move past him. I'm picking L.A. to win it all.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the magic shot 5-22 from 3-point land and lost by 4. there's no way in hell that happens again.

the magic still win this series despite losing game 1.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Now that the Cavs are out, im rooting for the Suns.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I put the Lebron Sweepstakes in the following order:

1. New York - It's his hometown. They have money. He can put NY on his back. It all seems to add up. But NY will have to give him some support fast. Lebron cannot carry that team, he will need a lot of help.
    2. New Jersey/Brooklyn - It's his hometown. They have money. They have draft picks. They have a billionaire owner. They have China too. Lot's of good stuff here, including a whole new image pending.
    3. Miami - They have Wade. Nuff said. But would Lebron want to co-star this big. Maybe. Not so sure though.
    4. Oklahoma City - They have money. They have durant. But who really wants to play in Oklahoma. Nobody I know.
    5. Clippers - Chance to redeem this franchise. Blake Griffin, but cursed franchise.
    6. Portland - They have a ton of talent, big man. But it's Portland. The same place Clyde Drexler almost died in.
    7. Houston - They have Yao, and they are deeply talented Yao or not. But they'd have to make a move. Something they seem to do a lot.
    8. Chicago - Why try to replace a legend. Not Lebron's style. He wants his own city.
    9. Atlanta - No Joe Johnson. No go.
    10. Milwaukee - Hinting at getting better, some money to spend.

All the others seem to have no money, or no potential.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

LeBron is from Akron, Ohio...

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And there is absolutely no chance LeBron goes to:

Milwaukee
    Houston
    Portland
    Oklahoma City
    Clippers
    Atlanta

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Kobe showing up today. Whew

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Well, guess that his hometown is going to get burned ever more than I thought. I assumed he was a Yankee fan and grew up there too. My bad. All the talk is NY. It must be his kind of town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar