NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's nothing but an explanation of how BETTING works, not odds.
    So yeah. I guess try again? You're never going to find out how though. If you do, keep it a secret and make yourself rich enough to get a job making odds.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

You think Derek Fisher is significantly better than tony parker? Radmanovic is significantly better than oberto/thomas? And you really think duncan gasol is a push? You are clearly brainwashed into the laker hype if you think gasol is just as good as duncan and fisher is better than parker.

4. Deuce Wayne

Gasol playoff averages:

Assists: 4.5
    Rebounds: 8.6
    Blocks: 2.9

vs.

Tim Duncan Playoff averages:
    Assists: 2.7
    Rebounds: 13.30
    Blocks: 2.1

Yeah, probably just brainwashing. That doesn't look even at all. The only thing he's better at is boards, and in comes Lamar Odumb to ruin that for him.
    Who is the other big man for the spurs? Is there one?

Derek Fisher isn't a big scorer, but he's shooting 51% in the playoffs. Compare that to Parker's 38% (lmao). Steals? 2.7 vs 1.0. TP plays zero defense, Fisher does. These guys cancel each other out. While Parker will score twice the amount of points, he's such a terrible shooter that he'll give the lakers the ball that many more times. Meanwhile, Fisher actually shoots the lights out. Quality over quanity. I think that's what they call it.

Rodmanovich? Why mention a guy that isn't a big bench player? How about mentioning Sasha? Do I think he's better than...whoever Udorka?? This guy was a nobody til playoffs. Nobody had even heard his name. His luck will fade soon enough, and even if it doesn't, yes, I'll take Farmar, Sasha, Walton, Turiaf, Benga, or any other Laker bench player to match his outstanding 6 points a game! lmao
    You don't want to take it to the bench. Not this convo. Hell, half the lakers bench players are better than the Spurs starters (ahem - Bruce Bowen).

Which brings me to this - Who stops Kobe? How many fouls does Timmy get per game while Kobe blows by old Bowen (those knees wont work anymore)? Guess we'll see.
    Who's there to stop Lamar Odom from having his way? Curt Thomas?? lmao
    Once you think about soeed and age? This series should be over in 5.
    See, the lakers don't need Chris Paul to carry them. The lakers don't stop and look around for that 1 guy to do something for them. The lakers don't need Pargo off the bench to hit a couple 3s. This isn't the inexperienced Hornets where the average player has been in the league for 3-4 years. This is the best team in the NBA. And the Spurs aren't even 3rd best.
    I should stop. The brainwashing has me ranting. Damned that ESPN!

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

it's amazing how little you know about basketball and football. First of all tony parker is shooting over 50% for the playoffs. Tim Duncan was doubled every time he touched the ball in the new orleans series. If gasol got double everytime he would have worse numbers than duncan. Radmanovic is a starter not a bench player that is why I mentioned him. And I will take Mike Finley off the bench in the playoffs over any of the lakers bench guys. But those were all really good points, especially the parker shooting 38%. It is clear you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to basketball when you can't understand that duncan is better than gasol. There is not one basketball analyst in the world who thinks that. And you didn't even know radmanovic started for the lakers great arguing though.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I didn't read the article. I did a quick search to see if I could find anything.

7. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

The Spurs suck. They were only lucky that they won 4 championships. The only reason they won is because Stern rigs the playoffs because he is boring and the Spurs are boring and he wants to validate the power of boredom. Tim Duncan and Greg Popovich are overrated. Anyone can win 4 championships--it means nothing. Manu is a Euro and flops. He actually has no game-he just throws it up and it goes in. Bruce Bowen sucks. He might be first team all defense and hit big 3's, but I would rather have Derek Fisher, because he is a "real" defender. Tony Parker is short. The bench sucks. Having former all stars and 7 time NBA champs coming off the bench is bad because that means they are old. Kobe is the best ever and will win games by himself. He has proved that since Shaq left. The Lakers have much more skill and playoff experience. Gasol will put the team on his back and dominate Duncan, and unstoppable Kobe will make Bruce Bowen start crying.

San Antonio and their 4 championships should just stay home. They are no match for the mighty Lakers. Just because they have fewer All Star Caliber players doesn't mean anything--Lakers will win the series in 3 games (The Spurs will get too scared and stay home for game 4 after getting blown out in 1-3). :sad2:

8. Deuce Wayne

Tis true. They'll see soon enough. :) Upon seeing the Spurs win game 7:
    [​IMG]
    Not sure why they aren't wearing their 2008 rings though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Gloat, no response on parker shooting 50% and radmanovic being a starter?

10. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Just to give you an idea of how dominating Fisher is defensively compared to the garbage defense of Tony Parker, just look at how CP3 did against the two.

Against Parker, he averaged 22.8pts per game and 11 assists
    Fisher limited him to 23.3 points and 15 assists

Clearly the Lakers would not have let the inexperienced Paul go off against them, because Fisher is so dominating defensively compared to that soft Euro Tony Parker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar